What's new

No Pakistani TV channels in India

Why do we need Pakistani Channel?? iam sure their channels will be full of Religion ..

Hmmm...I haven't seen pakistani channels in a while, though it is true that there is more religion in them than channels in other countries, like how the azan is on TV. This is the case for most general channels. I remember the azan on GEO and ARY. However, I'm not sure if that would fit "filled with religion" as most of the stuff on Pakistani tv is not religious, other than the channels that are dedicated to religion like qtv.

Fashion, Music, sports, and Cooking channels don't have that, at least, I don't think they do.

It is not due to lack of Demand, its due to India govt paranoia of religious influence from across the border affecting the second largest population of Muslims in the world. But i think its crap!!!

Actually I think it is lack of demand.

Unlike Pakistan where the absolute majority can understand Urdu and thereby Hindi only about 40% or 50% of the Indians utmost will be able to understand Urdu.

Secondly even Pak channels anyway broadcast only the same kind of soaps or Bollywood stuff which we have an overdose of in India itself.

So its just lack of demand.

It is not due to lack of Demand, its due to India govt paranoia of religious influence from across the border affecting the second largest population of Muslims in the world. But i think its crap!!!

Its not entirely correct. For a Foreign channel to downlink to INDIA , it can not carry advertisement targeted to INDIAN audience and also needs to adhere/prescribe to INDIAN cable programe code of the cable regulation act of 1995.

So options are:
1)Pakistan channels can down-link to INDIA, provided they apply to I&B ministry and prescribe to the Indian regulations. I believe Pak channels have not applied for such license. Hence you dont see any Pak TV channels in INDIA ( No Ad revenue, prescription to Indian Regulations are the demotivators).
2)Indian Cable operators illegally beam the Pak Channels. None of the operators would risk this as they have enough content to serve. Why take risk and loose license (Again remember, to some extent the cable operations has been regularized in the metros).
3)Maybe some Pak member can throw some light on , if Indian channels being beamed on Pak are illegal? ... A friend tells me that Indian broadcasters have opened up local office in Pak (some have affiliates) and do have proper licenses and hence you can see Indian channels in Pak. I might be wrong on this front though.

EDIT: The clause of not targeting Indian Audience by advertisement is only if the down link to India. It does not apply for uplink from India.

any Interesting Pakistani Channels ? do they have mtv,channel v like channels?
Is there channels like Ndtv goodtimes which is the category I likes :azn:

any Interesting Pakistani Channels ? do they have mtv,channel v like channels?
Is there channels like Ndtv goodtimes which is the category I likes :azn:

NDTV Goodtimes, TLC, NDTV Metronation, VH1, MTV are the lifestyle and music channels which i watch ..

We have PTV,ARY,QTC etc but they all are religous channels. So, we dont have any real Pakistan entertainment channel here. We should have channels like GEO and Dunya here.

Pakistani tv dramas , news channel and comedy have great standard and stories are based on real life issues. i love the drama meri zaat zara benashhan while indians drama you can not recognise who is saas and who is bahoo too much make up, fake jewlery and rented big buildings and palaces.. all drams based on family politics and back biting of each others. never ending stories. these are good for those who have plenty of time to waste infront of tv.. pakiatan has great talent we only lack a proper platform to show our talent.. long live pakistan

When I had cable TV , there was ARY and QTV aired on it . But PeaceTv pawns them both :lol:

My mother was quiet ill and was stressing a lot about three/four years ago. Her physiotherapist was an Indian and he asked my mother whether she watches Indian dramas, to which my mother replied 'yes'. He guaranteed that her stress will minimize and she will save A LOT of hours of her life if she for her own good stops watching Indian dramas immediately, and switches on to Pakistani dramas instead which is based on facts and realism lol.

And the funniest of all was that he wasn't even being sarcastic.

problem in india is, they are spoiled for choice! there are too many channels. national, regional, local.. it's crazy!! i do like pak channels.. mainly the news ones! we get to watch ARY, GEO, Aaj & PTV news down here in UK. However it's annoying when most of the pakistani channels switch to live charity appeal broadcasting at any given opertunity!!

My mother was quiet ill and was stressing a lot about three/four years ago. Her physiotherapist was an Indian and he asked my mother whether she watches Indian dramas, to which my mother replied 'yes'. He guaranteed that her stress will minimize and she will save A LOT of hours of her life if she for her own good stops watching Indian dramas immediately, and switches on to Pakistani dramas instead which is based on facts and realism lol.

And the funniest of all was that he wasn't even being sarcastic.

He was an Indian.................I can believe
He ask to stop watching Indian drama.................I can believe
He ask to watch pakistani drama.........................:lol::lol::lol:

Pakistani tv dramas , news channel and comedy have great standard and stories are based on real life issues. i love the drama meri zaat zara benashhan while indians drama you can not recognise who is saas and who is bahoo too much make up, fake jewlery and rented big buildings and palaces.. all drams based on family politics and back biting of each others. never ending stories. these are good for those who have plenty of time to waste infront of tv.. pakiatan has great talent we only lack a proper platform to show our talent.. long live pakistan

we have something for everyone, from housewife to kids to youngster to old to pervert :P.. so you cannot generalize Indian Channels !! we have hundreds of Channels!!

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

problem in india is, they are spoiled for choice! there are too many channels. national, regional, local.. it's crazy!! i do like pak channels.. mainly the news ones! we get to watch ARY, GEO, Aaj & PTV news down here in UK. However it's annoying when most of the pakistani channels switch to live charity appeal broadcasting at any given opertunity!!

we dont get any Pak Channel in DElhi..!!

Back
Top Bottom