What's new

Osama Bin Laden raid revisted, the other perspectives, Pakistani locals in Abbottabad do not believe Osama bin Laden was in the city

The question that should have been asked is this, why didn't PAF or ground air defense units act to thwart this raid? Instead, you not only allowed this raid next to your equivalent of West Point Academy but embarrassed the whole nation in front of the world. By either negligence or facilitation, you tarnished the image of your country. Now you will always be associated with OBL as the country that harbored him; a job well done; I don't think even Mr. Bean would have been able to pull this off.
because plot was orchestrated by kayani and zardari to make money and get obama re-elected… .. pak establishment does their masters bidding

The question that should have been asked is this, why didn't PAF or ground air defense units act to thwart this raid? Instead, you not only allowed this raid next to your equivalent of West Point Academy but embarrassed the whole nation in front of the world. By either negligence or facilitation, you tarnished the image of your country. Now you will always be associated with OBL as the country that harbored him; a job well done; I don't think even Mr. Bean would have been able to pull this off.

I have also asked this question too over the years on different places and forums and the answer I always get was that PAF initially responded then were told to stand down.

I know someone in the army who was in the area at the time - Pak army was hands in gloves with amreeka to pull this of AND there was no OBL there.

If I am not mistaken did not Trump said the same about OBL?

I know someone in the army who was in the area at the time - Pak army was hands in gloves with amreeka to pull this of AND there was no OBL there.

If I am not mistaken did not Trump said the same about OBL?

Is it also true Benazir Bhutto said that OBL was already dead?

We have more important matters to consider

a) Kulbhushan is alive
b) India struck inside Pakistan with a Missile no response from Pakistan

Pajwa was sleeping when Missile fell into Pakistan on the "Jaop"

If considers this his Perfarm-ance , then so be it

Last edited:
There's no such thing as accident when it comes to supersonic nuclear tipped cruise missiles

Waisay koi action nahi hona chahye, India apna jigri hai - Imported government
jigri hai tho kuch kar ke dikha-impotent government.

My take.

OBL was in Abbotabad.

The Americans found out he was there. Moments before the raid, Kayani was called and told to stand down the radars and warning systems to allow the American Special forces in.

One of the helicopter that went down was probably downed in the ensuing confusion. Someone from the Pakistani side downed the helicopter.

The Americans killed OBL, Kayani was caught with his pants down, but the only salvage he could make for public regurgitation was they downed the helicopter.

The Americans, for Pakistani service rendered, did not proceed the matter further that whether it was elements within the establishment that harbored OBL. Most likely, the establishment did not. The intelligence was too busy in Waziristan and FATA.

All in all, an embarrassment for Pakistan. And they arrested Afridi and refused to give him to the Americans, to avoid further embarrassment. Few years down the line, he’d be quietly shipped to US through backdoor deals and in exchange for mansions in Florida / Houston to the Generals.

A much bigger PR problem for Pakistan is the continued detention of Dr. Afridi. Not only was OBL in Pakistan, the person who helped locate him for USA was put in jail. BIG image problem for Pakistan, and an endless goldmine for its enemies to tarnish Pakistan's image ad infinitum.
Dr. Afridi should be exchanged for Dr. Afia Siddiqui.

Dr. Afridi should be exchanged for Dr. Afia Siddiqui.

That may be difficult to sell as a fair swap - a hero who helped capture OBL vs a convicted attempted murderer and terrorist - but Pakistan is welcome to try and do so. I would continue to see that as highly unlikely. Pakistan seems to be okay with the continued damage to its reputation, having moved on from the OBL incident and its fallout.

Yeah right. This is impotent and imported government.
Last time you have seen our jigr on 27 February 2019 when you crossed the line, when IK was in power.
Yep. You captured and returned Abhinandan after his plane was shot down.
Don't forget we also held and returned 93,000 soldiers in 1971. We both are signatories to Geneva convention .
I was referring to trade normalization as a sign of friendship. But this imported government is also spineless to take any positive gestures.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom