What's new

Pakistan And India-Water Disputes-News And Updates

Speaking from an ill-informed position it certainly looks as though india has a huge lead over Pakistan in dam and hydro power construction. Is this true? And if so by how much?

Well , there aren't many options to build there , are there? First of all, there is only one major river that flows through Pakistan - Indus. How many dams can you build on that ? Plus, dams need a hilly area. In India , there are several locations that provide such a setback - The himalayas ,entire North -East India , The western ghats ,etc . In Pakistan , there's just one river(plus tributaries), Indus , plus all hilly areas are concentrated in the north of the country. I suppose nuclear power is the best option in Pak. Solar and Wind are too expensive to build on a large scale. Coal power is also not that cheap , and causes pollution. So i suppose Nuclear is the best alternative.

@ Topic

i think Indus water treaty is not a fair treaty and should be either modified or scrapped , or we should just keep taking water and let the cases pile up in court. Where the hell have you heard of such a lenient treaty- 20% of water for us :lol: . That too , the treaty has been signed with a country which is not exactly , friendly. All this proves only one thing - our politicians were high while drafting the treaty

Speaking from an ill-informed position it certainly looks as though india has a huge lead over Pakistan in dam and hydro power construction. Is this true? And if so by how much?

Dear,
India Has Got 8 River Basins But Pakistan Has Only Got One(Indus).Also Compare The Land Area Of The Two Countries
India Can Build More Dams Because It Has The Geography.

Bibi, Me Pakistan Ke Side Ke Rivers Ki Baat Kar Raha Hoon

The Major Portion Of These Rivers Are In Pakistani Territory,If India Can Make 60 Odd Small and medium Scale Runoff The River Projects,I Assume That Pakistan Might Have The Potential To Make At Least Twice The Amount

Ab Meri Baat Samjhi,Please Post 601 Ko Dobara Ghor Se Parhain

I saw a recent documentary which says Pakistan extracts only 5 MW of electricity from Chenab river. So, your claim don't look plausible.

I saw a recent documentary which says Pakistan extracts only 5 MW of electricity from Chenab river. So, your claim don't look plausible.

I Was Talking About The Possible Potential of Runoff The River Hypothetically Based On The Fact That The Major Portion Of These Rivers Are In Pakistan.Having A Potential Is One Thing Having A Government Competent Enough To Exploit It Totally Different

I Was Talking About The Possible Potential of Runoff The River Hypothetically Based On The Fact That The Major Portion Of These Rivers Are In Pakistan.Having A Potential Is One Thing Having A Government Competent Enough To Exploit It Totally Different

Main problem lies in deep disagreement among Pakistani provinces to construct any Dam.

Main problem lies in deep disagreement among Pakistani provinces to construct any Dam.

Tue Kalabagh Dam Has Got Massive Multipurpose Potential But Sindhis Are Just Not Happy Over It.I Hear There Is Also Quite a Lot Of Tension Between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu Over A Dam

Tue Kalabagh Dam Has Got Massive Multipurpose Potential But Sindhis Are Just Not Happy Over It.I Hear There Is Also Quite a Lot Of Tension Between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu Over A Dam

Yes, it was but it calmed down now a central tribunal decides water sharing.

Well , there aren't many options to build there , are there? First of all, there is only one major river that flows through Pakistan - Indus. How many dams can you build on that ? Plus, dams need a hilly area. In India , there are several locations that provide such a setback - The himalayas ,entire North -East India , The western ghats ,etc . In Pakistan , there's just one river(plus tributaries), Indus , plus all hilly areas are concentrated in the north of the country. I suppose nuclear power is the best option in Pak. Solar and Wind are too expensive to build on a large scale. Coal power is also not that cheap , and causes pollution. So i suppose Nuclear is the best alternative.

@ Topic

i think Indus water treaty is not a fair treaty and should be either modified or scrapped , or we should just keep taking water and let the cases pile up in court. Where the hell have you heard of such a lenient treaty- 20% of water for us :lol: . That too , the treaty has been signed with a country which is not exactly , friendly. All this proves only one thing - our politicians were high while drafting the treaty

If you don't understand Pakistan then don't spite. Indus Treaty only speak about only 6 rivers (which all goes to Pakistan), nothing related to India.. and also India gets three rivers out of 6, so it's not 20% of waters goes for India, it's equally divided.
@Topic
Pakistan Do have lots of places to build dams and power, but political will is missing.. IN 2006, Wapda given 50,000 Spots to build dams, Hydraulic power Houses or Small Turbines... But nothing happen.. Kalabagh was supposed to be bigger project then Terbella but here as well, this political will was missing.

And Lastly Pakistan is a agriculture country, and Pakistan needs dams not only to fill out power shortage but also for agriculture, which is main Stream of Pakistan

If you don't understand Pakistan then don't spite. Indus Treaty only speak about only 6 rivers (which all goes to Pakistan), nothing related to India.. and also India gets three rivers out of 6, so it's not 20% of waters goes for India, it's equally divided.
@Topic
Pakistan Do have lots of places to build dams and power, but political will is missing.. IN 2006, Wapda given 50,000 Spots to build dams, Hydraulic power Houses or Small Turbines... But nothing happen.. Kalabagh was supposed to be bigger project then Terbella but here as well, this political will was missing.

And Lastly Pakistan is a agriculture country, and Pakistan needs dams not only to fill out power shortage but also for agriculture, which is main Stream of Pakistan

If you don't understand simple logic , don't spite Just because we get 3 out of 6 tributaries doesn't mean we get an equal share of water , not even close to equal. The volume of water flowing in the eastern tributaries(that India gets) is far lesser than the volume flowing in the western tributaries , that Pakistan gets.

If you don't understand simple logic , don't spite Just because we get 3 out of 6 tributaries doesn't mean we get an equal share of water , not even close to equal. The volume of water flowing in the eastern tributaries(that India gets) is far lesser than the volume flowing in the western tributaries , that Pakistan gets.

I agree with you about the difference. Believe me if that was a Hindu mob, there would have been Lathi charge and guns would have been fired. Muslim mob is generally not attacked as it can result in more tensions especially because there are few extremist element both in Hindu factions where they might have used the opportunity and Muslim factions who would have taken this Mob control as attack on Minorities.

Also, few countries would have used this as an opportunity to malign India by accusing India's strict action against minorities.

This is why there has been special care taken while handling Muslim mob. So yeah, I agree there is difference in Secular India.

Guys stay away from this site , it's possibility that this site backed by ISI according to sources and banned by high court in india.

you live in India not in Pakistan so if something goes wrong you will get hooked up .

this site operate from Germany based company and you know Germany is very good ally of India , if something goes wrong India could investigate ip addresses which will lead to you.

don't invite trouble.

and you Krait you show so much gentleman behavior on pdf and posting on banned site in India ?

Per person avaibility of water is more in Pakistan compared to India but our leaders gave lots of concession to Pakistan. Even in Jammu and Kashmir people complain about unfair deal to the state while signing the treaty. On one hand Pakistan blame India for stealing water, on other hand Pakistan waste huge quantity of water.

Bibi, Me Pakistan Ke Side Ke Rivers Ki Baat Kar Raha Hoon

The Major Portion Of These Rivers Are In Pakistani Territory,If India Can Make 60 Odd Small and medium Scale Runoff The River Projects,I Assume That Pakistan Might Have The Potential To Make At Least Twice The Amount

Ab Meri Baat Samjhi,Please Post 601 Ko Dobara Ghor Se Parhain
Waise i was replying to your post#602.
A for post #601 i think pakistan too can look into these small run of the river dams.but then pakistan has no restriction on large storage resorvoirs as in case of india under IWT hence its going for later option rather than former ones.

Wasie i do remember zaki posting many small dams projects going on in pakistan.you can check those in dam and infra threads in economic section.

Kishanganga project makes record progress

The Kishanganga project in the Himalayas has achieved a new excavation record in India last month. Seli recently announced that it excavated 815m with its TBM DSU designed for the challenging geological and environmental conditions of the work site in November.
The TBM beneath the Himalayas bores with a cover between 750 - 1000m at an altitude of 2430m. Seli stated that another factor in the efficiency of the TBM has to do with machine specifications, which were developed to handle variable and exceptional working conditions.
The features include a 19in (483mm) cutterhead design, 350mm of maximum total overcutting that is adjustable depending on geology, and the ability to rotate the cutterhead even in the presence of collapsing faces.
The project is expected to be completed in June 2014.

Some usual rona dhona propaganda.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Since Indians are getting too comfortable here, I'll troll a little :D

Pakistan's 9 dash line:

indian_ocean.gif

Back
Top Bottom