What's new

Pakistan And India-Water Disputes-News And Updates

Instead of emotional rhetoric, I would like to ask you to read the complete text of Indus river treaty and dispute resolving mechanism part of the agreement. Once you have finished educating yourself on this subject than we will debate with you based on facts.
debate on facts might be hard for some folks

http://www.news18.com/news/india/in...indus-water-treaty-with-pakistan-1294770.html

New Delhi: India on Thursday hinted at question marks over the Indus Water Treaty with Pakistan.
"There are differences on the treaty. For any such treaty to work, it is important there must be mutual trust and cooperation. It can't be a one-sided affair," External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Vikas Swarup said.
The remarks came days after a terror attack on an army base in Jammu and Kashmir killed 18 soldiers. India has held Pakistan responsible for the killings.
According to the agreement, India has control over three eastern rivers - Beas, Ravi and Sutlej - all flowing from Punjab.
Pakistan, as per the treaty, controls the western rivers of Indus, Chenab and Jhelum that flow from Jammu and Kashmir.
Jammu and Kashmir has been demanding a review of the treaty as it robs the state of its rights to use the water of the rivers.

Jammu and Kashmir has been demanding a review of the treaty as it robs the state of its rights to use the water of the rivers.

Since Jammu and Kashmir is occupied by India..the India state must share its part with JK...this has nothing to do with Pakistan...more like..India deprives occupied Kashmir from its share of water...and this would constitute a war crime as India is now guilty of looting natural resources of an occupied country.

It was always in trouble...

There was no Indus water treaty to begin with.

India began to violate it, years after it was signed.

Hundreds of dams have already been built at areas where it wasn't supposed to be built.

The treaty doesn't allow India to store water and "rob" Pakistan of its water. India is violating the treaty in their perspective.

ABSOLUTELY NOT. I hope Modi isn't dumb enough to **** this thing. It is one of the most problematic areas where we have a solution that has stood. Hopefully he is not foolish to screw with this.

STFU instead of pouring gasoline on a nuclear weapon.
I agree but there should be some conditions....act upon terrorists or forget about it. No need to be generous enough when you hardly get anything out of it.

Since Jammu and Kashmir is occupied by India..the India state must share its part with JK...this has nothing to do with Pakistan...more like..India deprives occupied Kashmir from its share of water...and this would constitute a war crime as India is now guilty of looting natural resources of an occupied country.

Now you're claiming Jammu?!?! I thought the idea behind Kashmir was that it was Muslim-majority therefore it's yours now you think Hindi-majority Jammu is yours too??

I agree but there should be some conditions....act upon terrorists or forget about it. No need to be generous enough when you hardly get anything out of it.

No. Indus WAter should be off the charts even if we're going for outright war. Being STUPID cannot be justified even if there is a terrorist attack.

Back
Top Bottom