What's new

Pakistan And India-Water Disputes-News And Updates

Well I can say the same vice versa. Good luck with your plans and I hope they fail as they always have.

No need for vice versa, I don't think India needs to issue any threats. Just building those dam's and canals will do just fine FOR NOW.

May be I am wrong but I see it like India's efforts to put as much pressure on Pakistan as it can so that decision makers in Pakistan make a mistake. I hope they don't.

From an Indian perspective , the decision makers in Pakistan have been making one mistake after another .

Sanity prevails in the higher echelons & thank god for that. Somewhere, Pak must stop hiding behind Nukes as it carries no weight when both sides have them.

It does not help.

Well we have time (most probably). Lets see how it unfolds.

No need to wait, Let me SHOW you how its going to unfold. :D

real-time-decision-support-system-sutlej-and-beas-river-basin-system-4-638.jpg

Ok seriously, i opened this thread thinking it is some scientific research that blood and water cannot flow together!! :lol:

Good Job. Finally doing something that benefits us. If our neighbor doesn't respect our neighborhood, then why to be nice to them.

On a serious note:

International treaties are valid as long as both parties respect it. Countries withdrawing from International treaties are not old. Its been done so many times. And when it comes to water, I said this before as well, the Swiss told the Nazis not to step in their territory during ww2. Unless you want poisoned water from Rhine. Whether India does this or not is another story, but precedent is there. Yes that word will be thrown around in ICJ a lot if this goes for arbitration. Even if India "controls" the flow for few months will have an Impact in Pakistan. Cotton crops for one example, which impacts the Textile industry in Pakistan. So Indian diplomats do know what they are speaking.

On a lighter note o_Oo_O:

1. if India does conventional attack, Pakistan will go nuclear.
2. if India does asymmetric attack, Pakistan will go nuclear.
3. if India modifies the IWT, Pakistan will go nuclear.

No wonder why I call them indiots, fools think that they can stop our water, also these big mouthing won't do any of us any favour, modi can fool indiots not to us, try blocking our water, you will see what happens.

You are showing the wrong image. This is the right image. :D

And the new dam's and canals are going to stop 4, 5 & 6 from flowing into pakistan.

Indus-River-System-Himalayan-Rivers.jpg

If you are planning to send me a mirror, I will send you my address. Use DHL for quick service :D

If India has an upper hand...China has an even higher hand over India...and Shiri Modi Jee actions can incite of the greatest projects of Chinese civilization when they decide to fiddle the rivers in Tibet..:D :D :D

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/sp...gottenconflict/2011/07/20117812154478992.html

Currently, India is in the process of building a number of dams on the Jhelum and Chenab Rivers (both of which originate in Kashmir), such as the Kishenganga, Dal Huste, Sawalkot etc. The Indus Water Treaty allows India to harness the hydropower potential of the Jhelum and Chenab Rivers, as long as it does not reduce or delay the supply to Pakistan. India therefore maintains that its projects are in compliance with the treaty and sees no conflict with Pakistan on these issues.

In June 2011, a Chinese news agency reported that the state government of Kashmir was looking for reputed multi-national consultancies to calculate the exact loss to Kashmir from the Indus Water Treaty so that the government will have a number it can take to the Indian federal government.

Ok seriously, i opened this thread thinking it is some scientific research that blood and water cannot flow together!! :lol:

Here is some scientific fun facts that will cheer you up.

Water will be stored and then diverted into Rajesthan :D

indira-gandhi-canal-map.jpg

If India has an upper hand...China has an even higher hand over India...and Shiri Modi Jee actions can incite of the greatest projects of Chinese civilization when they decide to fiddle the rivers in Tibet..:D :D :D

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/sp...gottenconflict/2011/07/20117812154478992.html

Cool. ........ then I suggest you urgently start dialling China and ask them for help :lol:

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/in-u...y-10-updates-1466393?pfrom=home-lateststories

Indus Waters Treaty Will Remain, But India's Move Will Irk Pakistan: 10 Facts
All India | Reported by Sunil Prabhu, Edited by Deepshikha Ghosh | Updated: September 26, 2016 17:46 IST

by Taboola
Sponsored Links

Sponsored
Calculate: Your Monthly Expenses At 60 (Big decisions)
Simple Activities to Make Your 2-8 Year Old Kids Smart and Creative (Magic Crate)

49COMMENTS

indus-river_650x400_81474735440.jpg

PM Modi will discuss with officials the 1960 Indus Waters Treaty between India and Pakistan

NEW DELHI: India today ruled out cancelling the Indus Waters Treaty With Pakistan, but sources said the government, in a move that will rattle Islamabad, is looking into ways of increasing its use of waters that flow from India but are controlled by Pakistan. "Blood and water cannot flow together," Prime Minister Narendra Modi reportedly said at a meeting where India's options were discussed.
Here are 10 facts on the story:
  1. PM Modi met top officials including the National Security Adviser and Foreign Secretary to assess the 1960 treaty with Pakistan days after the Uri terror attack in which 18 soldiers were killed.
  2. Sources said the government has decided on maximum use of three of the rivers that are governed by Pakistan under the treaty - Indus, Chenab and Jhelum.
  3. The deal was signed between India's first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru and Pakistan's president General Ayub Khan after World Bank-brokered negotiations that lasted almost a decade.
  4. Control over the three eastern rivers - the Beas, Ravi and Sutlej - was given to India while the three western rivers went to Pakistan, unrestricted.
  5. India can use only 20 per cent of the water of the Indus, which flows through it first, for irrigation, transport and power generation.
  6. Sources say the government's plan is to exploit an option it hasn't for 30 years - which is to use the western rivers to benefit farmers of Jammu and Kashmir.
  7. "The decision is to store water and maximize irrigation area. With this we would be able to irrigate land in Jammu and Kashmir for nearly six lakh hectares," said sources, adding that the decision also addresses the sentiment of people of the state, who believe the treaty isn't fair to them.
  8. India has been debating whether it can afford to leverage the river agreement to tighten pressure on Pakistan after the Uri terror attack. But officials say India cannot afford to reckon without China, where the river Indus originates. China also holds the controls of the river Brahmaputra, which sustains large parts of India and Bangladesh.
  9. If India were to cut off supply to Pakistan, it could cause major crises in that country as a majority of its areas are dependent on Indus water.
  10. But stopping the flow of the Indus into Pakistan would cause floods in Jammu and Kashmir and Punjab. Sources say the government wants three dams on the river Chenab to be speeded up, though that is not an immediate solution.

No need to wait, Let me SHOW you how its going to unfold. :D

real-time-decision-support-system-sutlej-and-beas-river-basin-system-4-638.jpg

And how you will block Indus, Chenab and Jhelum? Also shed light on that too. This is an incomplete plan.

From an Indian perspective , the decision makers in Pakistan have been making one mistake after another .

Sanity prevails in the higher echelons & thank god for that. Somewhere, Pak must stop hiding behind Nukes as it carries no weight when both sides have them.

It does not help.

Ok so nukes don't work but stopping water does. Thats your point.

another reverse gear for modijee as the treaty already allows India to use part of irrigation and hydroelectric potential..

Back
Top Bottom