What's new

Pakistan’s first female three-star general likely in Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well , kudos to the lady general as well, she obviously did some hard work and got to this position.

and muse again gets on to his usual rants about the army and arabization and islam.

Well done to the armed forces as well as to everybody that women are being given more and more rights.

And this saree is not like the hindu one, it does not show your back bare, nor anyother body part, and does not reveal the body figure, atleast not anymore than a shalwar kamees, or is the whole of Pakistan doing haram by wearing shalwar kamees.?

63050_340.jpg

Excellant news that we are using all our human resourses at our disposal

Now if it was me advising ISPR, I would have suggested that the General be seen and made to be seen in as many public events, and public welfare/health/hygiene messages across the country as possible -- It sends all the right kind of signals to our society and the right kind of image for the army as representing the BEST of that society's aspirations.

She is army general but not social worker or so let her job descriptions remain with PA. It's enough that she will be first female 3-star general.

This major general Shahida is not competent to be made a 3 star general.....we got so many complaints about her professional practice.....I guess most of the pplz don't knw her personally .....but I know pplz who had interaction with her and she spoiled their lives within the operation theater......sad to hear if she gets promoted....I'm gonna demote her if anybody gonna promote her ...Insha-Allah.....:)

and muse again gets on to his usual rants about the army and arabization and islam.

Well done to the armed forces as well as to everybody that women are being given more and more rights.

And this saree is not like the hindu one, it does not show your back bare, nor anyother body part, and does not reveal the body figure, atleast not anymore than a shalwar kamees, or is the whole of Pakistan doing haram by wearing shalwar kamees.?

I still find it awkward to classify any dress as a Hindu one.. or a Muslim one.
Not that I wish to bring up the usual Cultural invasion deal.. or derail this thread.. But a sari, a Pag.. a Lungi.. is all cultural.
Hinduism has got jack to do with it... You will find pictures of AVM's of the PAF past and their Mrs.. and the Saris there are fairly liberal on Skin..

Back to topic.. all's well on the exposure thing muse.. But one has to wonder, Is she a general for exposure.. or because she deserved it. There was a move to "push" women into the armed forces.. up the ranks. Which I support.. However, in some cases.. a lot of good people were trampled over in this gender equalization drive.

Great. Now we are discussing Saree and Burqa etc etc on this thread. Cool:tup:
Lolz, for few, what else can be discussed about women?

Except whether she should wear sari, qmeez, burqa.

We seriously need some mental treatment.

She can wear Niqab and do the Job she is the doctor not a soldier

Maybe you should wear a Niqab 24/7 and see how you like it?!!!

Women are overcoming many obstacles in life, in this case the Armed Forces can show the wider nation, that women are equal and in many ways better than men.
:pakistan:

True sir but Regrettably some in our society still feel that a woman belongs in the kitchen which I do not agree with!

They are as equal as any man can be . I just wish more of them be allowed to serve in combat too.

Do we have any PAK woman that have died serving in combat?? Do provide links if find; thks

Peace

Not only good for the image of the Army, but she also serves as a representative of half the population that is severely underrepresented in almost all the fields.

I only hope she is not a token General, and got promoted on merits only.

Isn't that incredible? Sari is a sexy seductive dress for women with a figure and who mean business - in Pakistan it's deemed appropriate wear for a officer - Twilight zone stuff.

It is about time that Pak army drop sari and change to some thing more sensible and practical.

Nice to see women thriving in PA on basis of talent-

P.S- why do some retards cant move beyond what the women is wearing?-

Couldn't help notice that :lol:

El Presidente

Did you also notice the "Hindu" Sari bit?? See, have to transition away from the past and from certain ideologies imported from Arabia - We just have to move past these things for Pakistan to just survive -- I hope you also notice that those who complained about the "usual rant" even differentiate the confession of a Sari, just imagine what they do with people.

Santro

Says that we should be aware that this 3 star general means other good men were denied the opportunity - This condemnable attitude is pervasive - because it's a deep seated prejudice against women, after all, if a man would have been promoted, would not other good men not have a chance at the same promotion??

And then of course there is the objection to the use of the 3 star general to promote the idea in society that in Pakistan and in the Pakistan armed forces, it is not just a recognition of the service and patriotism of women, but that society wants to move away from "Choola, Chaadar aur Chahardivari" prisons and that the Pakistan army is an institution where duty, discipline and EXCELLENCE is recognized, regardless of gender. I know this idea did not come from you know where and has not been articulated by historical figures and in historical texts, but the context is today is not the context of centuries ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom