What's new

Featured Qatar Diplomat: Both Countries working on JVs defence production, JF-17 aircraft project, defence training!

KARACHI: Qatar Consul General Mishal M Al-Ansari on Monday said that Doha has plans to increase employment opportunities for Pakistanis to over 300,000 in the coming years from the current 150,000.

Addressing members of the Korangi Association of Trade and Industry (KATI), he said that the number of companies with 100 per cent ownership of Pakistanis have increased significantly.

He said that LNG agreement between Pakistan and Qatar was a great milestone while both the countries are already working on many joint ventures in defence production, JF-17 aircraft project, defence training, food, agriculture and other industries.

Mr Al-Ansari said that despite terrible conditions due to coronavirus “we are fully prepared for FIFA World Cup 2022 and many mega infrastructure projects have been completed.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is Qatar interested in block 3 ? any info on it ?

Above words are directly coming from Qatar Consul General Mishal M Al-Ansari
i want to see JF flying over my head in qatar while fishing at shore.

Qatar should buy JF-17 for bulk purposes but inviting them into Project Azm would be much better. Qatar currently operates Euro-fighters, Rafales and F-15E's but Project Azm should be the project Qatar puts all it's eggs on

It will crush the eggs if they put the jf-17 "on" it.

Their lineup is too diverse... A logistical nightmare. They are perhaps looking for indigenisation through the jf-17 program... Especially after the Saudi UAE rebuke on the American F-35 fiasco....

so is Qatar planning on participating to develop future blocks of JF17? maybe they want a fighter jet from a friendly country that they know wont refuse to give them weapons and supplies in the event Qatar have to go to war or under another blockade.

My bet would be on a future customized block. Qatar definitely wants some thing it can call its own. JF-17 is the best easy bet it got right now and they have plenty of money to invest and customize as they need.

BLK-III,JF-17B- Negotiations in progress. Final outcome still awaited from the Qatari side. That being said they are hell bent on seeing the BLK-III not on paper but match performance parameters in real.

As for the recent comment by the Airforce spokesperson, block 3 will come out by end of this year, if Qatar is really looking into block 3, and B version ( which I assume they are, cause you are a reliable source ) could be because of various reasons.
1) Induct a work-horse Fighter with Decent capabilities and cheap operating and maintaining cost.
2) Lift Program
3) Incorporate with Pakistan on JF, so they can inject some finance into Pakistan for their upcoming ambitious AZM Project.

If they do get the JF17 Block III, then both PAF and Qatar can spend alot of time flying the JF17 Block III against the Rafale on exercises ....
Still JF17 can practice locking Rafael in joint war games with Qatari AF, or some senior PAF personnel / trainer can closely look Rafale hardwares and softwares , I mean to understand the machine to devise some counter strategies. I believe its already been done so far.

Why not work on JF-17 Blk4 together with qatar? I want a small single engine sami stealthy fighter jet in PAF....or invite them to join project AZM

🇹🇷 is in a different league..their presence in a pakistan china joint program doesnt make sense.

One liner posts without much of substance or details to interest a reply, is really disappointing. I really wish that members can put a little bit of work & share some thoughts as well so the one can quote and argue the matter.

I don't see that they will go for Jf17 or any other new aircraft now.

They are already opting very high end aircrafts i.e Rafale, F-15E Strike Eagle, and Eurofighter Typhoon.

I have gone thru 3-4 news agencies and all are saying that Recruiting of 150,000 Workforce from Pakistani Over the Years.

Indian and Pakistani media's are best in the world to print/broadcast the news with no credibility for TRP..

I don't see that they will go for Jf17 or any other new aircraft now.

They are already opting very high end aircrafts i.e Rafale, F-15E Strike Eagle, and Eurofighter Typhoon.

I have gone thru 3-4 news agencies and all are saying that Recruiting of 150,000 Workforce from Pakistani Over the Years.

Indian and pakitani media's are best int he world to print/broadcast the news with no credibility for TRP..

As long as you are satisfied; I see that you are right though. However, comparing Pakistani media with India's level of disinformation & lies on the face; it's just unfair & an abuse of freedom of speech like comparing apple & orange.
US wants a 4.5 gen fighter jet similar to JF17 to act as the workhorse. if an airforce like theirs sees the value in it, then i think the whole world does.

No no no... actually, the article should have been speaking about Tejas and we would have seen pages & pages of definition & explanation that how it makes sense. Its just the otherwise thing that now warrants merely "me too" posts.

US wants a 4.5 gen fighter jet similar to JF17 to act as the workhorse. if an airforce like theirs sees the value in it, then i think the whole world does.

Rafale, EF and F-15E Strike Eagle are 4.5 generation only....... ..

I would rather say that JF 17 is not comparable at all because it is light weight. These are medium weight aircrafts with superior technological advantages. So, it would be better to wait for credible source... Thank you.

Rafale, EF and F-15E Strike Eagle are 4.5 generation only....... ..

I would rather say that JF 17 is not comparable at all because it is light weight. These are medium weight aircrafts with superior technological advantages. So, it would be better to wait for credible source... Thank you.

the jf17 is going to get newer, better blocks. just the f16 is still a very good fighter. jf17 was built with the same concept.

Hi,

Please expand on it. 10-Q
One liner posts without much of substance or details to interest a reply, is really disappointing. I really wish that members can put a little bit of work & share some thoughts as well so the one can quote and argue the matter.
Because thats what the recent history says
Turkey signed the S-400 deal with Russia two years after it scrapped plans to buy a Chinese missile defense system, under pressure from the U.S.
I thought you guys would get the hint.
Turkey is a NATO country. Its already in the eye of storm of getting sanctioned for purchasing S400 from Russia. Getting in partnership with China is too much too chew for Turkey besides the fact unlike Russia, China is not in hurry to sell stuff .

Last edited:
Because thats what the recent history says
Turkey signed the S-400 deal with Russia two years after it scrapped plans to buy a Chinese missile defense system, under pressure from the U.S.
I thought you guys would get the hint.
Turkey is a NATO country. Its already in the eye of storm of getting sanctioned for purchasing S400 from Russia. Getting in partnership with China is too much too chew for Turkey besides the fact unlike Russia, China is not in hurry to sell stuff .

Turkey's S-400 purchase is an open indication that whether in-case of China or Russia, Turkey is not falling for the pressure. Secondly, Turkey might not be purchasing directly from China anything and I believe it doesn't makes any sense given their advancement in different fields, therefore, a defence exploration can be done with Pakistan who is directly involved in China in the same subject. So conclusively, Turkey can partner with Pakistan directly in many areas where Pakistan has learnt a lot from China or even, an indirect invitation can be offered to specific Chinese consortiums in particular studies/R&D areas. There is nothing permanent when it comes to defence cooperation.

Pakistan couldn't mate the western tech with Chinese ones but still, we came up with an independent idea of Thunder in first place which results are now in open. So it isn't necessary that Turkey will have to mix Western Tech with Chinese one to say where Western OEM will object to share in details for matting as such. IN the end, we might be looking at a totally different yet wildly independent idea of close cooperation with Pakistan and indirectly with China. Remember Pakistan's input into lot of developments in Chinese aviation industry so now the same can be said for PAC/Pakistan cooperation with Turkish defence industry.

Back
Top Bottom