What's new

Say sorry for 1971 atrocities: Bangladesh tells Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^Pak wont apologize formally, doing so implies that Pak has "officially accepted" that it used wrong, inhuman tactics and means to suppress EP people and BD, has made Pak apologize for it; making Pak look weaker in eyes of a large section of its society.

Pak as of now, cant afford this.

Pakistan will never do this as this was a two street. Is the BD government willing to apologize for the murder of countless West Pakistanis and Biharis by its "freedom fighters"? No. Will India apologize for the invasion of an independent Country? Since the answers are no to all these things, then why would Pakistan apologize? The ones who committed the atrocities are long gone on all sides of the conflict.

Its time to move on. Wise words spoken here:

"The excesses committed during the unfortunate period are regretted. Let us bury the past in the spirit of magnanimity. Let not the light of the future be dimmed."

We in Pakistan expect such demands to be made by any Awami League Party government as it is playing to the gallery of leftists in BD. The ANP gets along just fine with Pakistan understanding that the bygones are bygones. None of this is holding BD back so a more pragmatic approach is needed on the Awami League side.

As a Pakistani/Muslim, I personally have very intense feelings about the 1971 breakup and the associated blood letting between Pakistanis. But what is in the past is done with. I am happy for the BD of today. A stronger, stable and independent BD makes me happy as a Pakistani and I wish them all the best for the future hoping that we will come close putting these irritants behind. Some won't be takers, but my association with BD friends in overseas courses/education have given me confidence that not all are living in and lingering over issues of the past.

There is nothing to hide about ... The sooner Pakistanis accept this fact and apologize the more friendlier relationship it can have with BD in future.

Apology is coming when we see one from India over the naked aggression and occupation in 1971 of an independent Country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom