What's new

Some suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oye after a long tame where you had been :) welcome back.

BTW your Indian fellows are just showing too much sweetness in this thread :P

Busy with stuff Janaji, I see you are the Resident Leader of the Pakistanis here! :D Should I be expecting another Benazir? :D Hope you doing great! And sorry threadstarter for hijacking this thread, this was not worth it in the first place so I wont regret it! :P God Speed

Lets not make a big deal about people making suggestions provided it is done in a proper manner.

People are free to offer their suggestions, which is why this section is called 'suggestions and discussions' after all.

I would appreciate it if people stick to discussing the suggestions with civility instead of dragging in extraneous issues.

And those few are Indians not Pakistanis.

029267799b011028a7751fd0119561b1.gif
I was talking about a banglabandhu here and not pakistanistanis.

The white part of flag represent the hindu population of united paksitan never the less hindus of east pak never accepted the creation of pakistan. East pak Hindus were the main culprit behind the language riot. You have to ask them to find your answer. I do not represent their views.

But they are part of Bangladesh right? and you are Bangladeshi.... so as i represent my country same is the case with you. Dont tell me Bangladeshis have nothing to do with Hindus in Bangladesh.

And when did the Moon become the Symbol of Islam and the star too accompanying it? :D Do correct me If I am wrong, but the Moon, star et al are just modern day creations, nothing to do with Islam when it came up.

I would have but lost interest by looking at your avatar picture....:D

A very good reason is that this a pakistani defence forum related to pakistan interest. Bharat was and is a enemy of pakistan so it's absurd to ake for bharati flag on smiley secton.

Another good reason is that a good chunk of non bharati memebrs will stop posting and this fourm will be lablel as bharati run raw Propaganda machine.

You guys should be thankful to forum management for allowing you to criticize on pakistani issue including islam instead of complaing about bharati flag.

You can live your whole life like a frog and think that the well is the world . Learning facts and opinions of other people is key in widening your horizon, calling people with different opinions than yours trolls is the easiest thing to do in life. The key to a flourishing debate is equal representation from both sides. Indian members post valuable opinions and facts on this forum and that is what makes this forum unique. Rather than ostracizing them, they must be given due diligence for the work they do. Equality is key everywhere, whether in real life or on a forum.

This topic has been discussed so many times! My suggestion: when India agrees to a UN run process to determine the final sovereignty of Kashmir, then give the Indian members a smiley flag. How about that? A fair trade......

Thank you old man i second this idea.

On the suggestions:

1. Threads related to poverty and whatnot:

Coincidentally, I raised this issue earlier with the other mods and admins (awaiting responses since no one is online). IMO social issues such as poverty, lack of sanitation, malnutrition, slums etc. should be dealt with holistically in single threads dedicated to each issue, for each country separately or together as 'South Asia'.

There is a thread in the E&D section on slums for example that started off with the usual flame based off an article that 'karachi was the largest slum in the world' or something like that, and of course next thing you know stats on Indian slums are being thrown about.

What the mods did is try and redirect that thread (change the title and delete posts etc.) into a discussion about slums in India and Pakistan in the context of what is wrong, what is being done, and what is in the pipeline, to change things.

Instead of trying to ridicule the other side on the basis of these socio-economic problems, it is far more constructive to have a discussion on what the governments, NGO's and civil society are doing to change things.

So I suggest setting up dedicated threads on each issue for each nation that points out the problem once (or every year, to understand long term trends) and then focus on discussions/posts on solutions and plans. There is no need to post individual cases of farmer suicides, lack of sanitation, slums etc. once the problem has been identified and stats shared once a year.

Start a new thread for that. we are discussing Indian flag. Start a new thread saying "Why not to have Bangladeshi flag" thread. will reply.

Please stick to the topic.

sorry, the Thread says Some suggestions so plz change it to show its only for Indian suggestion ;)

Busy with stuff Janaji, I see you are the Resident Leader of the Pakistanis here! :D Should I be expecting another Benazir? :D Hope you doing great! And sorry threadstarter for hijacking this thread, this was not worth it in the first place so I wont regret it! :P God Speed

:D:D nah nah NO benajir. She was too much excited for the kursi. I am not that much though would love to have the highest place to kick some -----:azn:

NO to Indian phlage here :partay:

On the suggestions:

Coincidentally, I raised this issue earlier with the other mods and admins (awaiting responses since no one is online). IMO social issues such as poverty, lack of sanitation, malnutrition, slums etc. should be dealt with holistically in single threads dedicated to each issue, for each country separately or together as 'South Asia'.

There is a thread in the E&D section on slums for example that started off with the usual flame based off an article that 'karachi was the largest slum in the world' or something like that, and of course next thing you know stats on Indian slums are being thrown about.

What the mods did is try and redirect that thread (change the title and delete posts etc.) into a discussion about slums in India and Pakistan in the context of what is wrong, what is being done, and what is in the pipeline, to change things.

Instead of trying to ridicule the other side on the basis of these socio-economic problems, it is far more constructive to have a discussion on what the governments, NGO's and civil society are doing to change things.

So I suggest setting up dedicated threads on each issue for each nation that points out the problem once (or every year, to understand long term trends) and then focus on discussions/posts on solutions and plans. There is no need to post individual cases of farmer suicides, lack of sanitation, slums etc. once the problem has been identified and stats shared once a year.

Of course i do agree with you on the point that we can have a dedicated thread for that. But the thing is and the trend which is here is like we have threads every now and then related to indian economics and society. It would save a lot of job of moderation if we can one totally separate section for that. Our mods are already very busy :D

But I am not sure what are the costs and feasibility for making such changes. So if it is feasible then it would great for everyone. because many a times people end up posting the same in social and economic section because it says just "social and economic section". we can rename it for "social and economic section for pakistan" or something like that to give the end users a better understanding of what to post in that.

2. Indian Flag:

While it is true that the forum hosts discussions on issues, and between members, from around the world, our focus remains Pakistan, and the decision to not allow the Indian flag was to avoid unnecessary 'flaming' by some Indian members who might resort to the Indian flag smiley unnecessarily and frequently to irritate Pakistani members.

Some of you may have noticed that I have attempted to encourage Indian and Pakistani members to engage on issues of inflammatory rhetoric and voluntarily come to agreements with each other to avoid it, and avoid responding to trolls (number one reason for threads getting hijacked and flame wars starting).

Depending on how that proceeds and whether we see a change in the forum atmosphere we may revisit the decision of not allowing Indian flag smileys.

On the suggestions:

I respect you opinion sir and its good to see that you share the same opinion that others have on the forum but have you looked at the threads created by RiazHaq till now by any chance? not only is his rhetoric about poverty very demeaning but he fails to answer any questions thrown at him and continue to post his insulting post linked to his even more insulting blog. It is one thing to discuss poverty in a meaningful manner and one thing to discuss to demean another country. and he has done that multiple times and posted wrong articles, played with statistics and posted articles in such a way that it hurts the emotions of the Indian members on the forum. I would really be grateful if you can look into this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom