What's new

Some suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course i do agree with you on the point that we can have a dedicated thread for that. But the thing is and the trend which is here is like we have threads every now and then related to indian economics and society. It would save a lot of job of moderation if we can one totally separate section for that. Our mods are already very busy :D

But I am not sure what are the costs and feasibility for making such changes. So if it is feasible then it would great for everyone. because many a times people end up posting the same in social and economic section because it says just "social and economic section". we can rename it for "social and economic section for pakistan" or something like that to give the end users a better understanding of what to post in that.

The E&D section is under Pakistan Affairs, so we though it would be obvious that it is Pakistan centric.

BTW, mu discussion with the other moderators did involve creating a separate Global Social issues section, perhaps under world affairs. Again, awaiting a response.

2. Indian Flag:

While it is true that the forum hosts discussions on issues, and between members, from around the world, our focus remains Pakistan, and the decision to not allow the Indian flag was to avoid unnecessary 'flaming' by some Indian members who might resort to the Indian flag smiley unnecessarily and frequently to irritate Pakistani members.

Some of you may have noticed that I have attempted to encourage Indian and Pakistani members to engage on issues of inflammatory rhetoric and voluntarily come to agreements with each other to avoid it, and avoid responding to trolls (number one reason for threads getting hijacked and flame wars starting).

Depending on how that proceeds and whether we see a change in the forum atmosphere we may revisit the decision of not allowing Indian flag smileys.

Agno you are very right. On another forum they have given Indian flag a palce and trust me if you have seen that flag smiley is so much offensive even to Indian flag itself i am confused why they post that mocking smiley.

Besides if today Indians demand a flag then we have to cater to the demands of others too :)

Lets see how things proceed

The E&D section is under Pakistan Affairs, so we though it would be obvious that it is Pakistan centric.

BTW, mu discussion with the other moderators did involve creating a separate Global Social issues section, perhaps under world affairs. Again, awaiting a response.

:tup: yes Agno this is needed one because we have social issues in almost every country and only restricting it to Pakistan leaves a bad taste.

There should be one section with titled World Social Issues so that topics about most of the countries in this field could be posted.

Best of Luck

2. Indian Flag:

While it is true that the forum hosts discussions on issues, and between members, from around the world, our focus remains Pakistan, and the decision to not allow the Indian flag was to avoid unnecessary 'flaming' by some Indian members who might resort to the Indian flag smiley unnecessarily and frequently to irritate Pakistani members.

Some of you may have noticed that I have attempted to encourage Indian and Pakistani members to engage on issues of inflammatory rhetoric and voluntarily come to agreements with each other to avoid it, and avoid responding to trolls (number one reason for threads getting hijacked and flame wars starting).

Depending on how that proceeds and whether we see a change in the forum atmosphere we may revisit the decision of not allowing Indian flag smileys.

see agno those people who want to do it will do it anyways....the forum is afterall not meant for those people and we have people like you to take care of them.

the forum has gone beyond the boundaries of defence. Please correct me if I am wrong the presence of Indians is to look into the Indian perspective as well into the issues. So having an Indian flag would bring them at the equal stature with everyone here. And a good discussion is for people on equal statures.

We have some people here who say that we should not have it because India is our enemy i disagree with them on the grounds that India being enemy is the part of problem not the part of solution and the presence of Indians over here justify that this forum is meant more on the solution part than on the problem part. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I have a suggestion that "Elite members" should only be those who show "eliteness" in their posts. In my suggestion 'qusaark' should be one. But its upto Mods.

It's very important.

Thanks.

are yaar according to supreme mod indian flag will not be allow here because he don't want to disclose reason bt according to him it will incourge spamming.
Now understnd so don't ask same question again and again it has been discussed many times .

This is a liberal pakistani forumn not a international forum when you will understd this you will not hav any prob..so accept it as it is and be a guest and try to understnd their prob. also.now stop all these begging nonsense thing:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

First you please change your flag to :pakistan:

Off topic, but I think Indians need to understand that Bangladesh is, like many other nations, not monolithic in its views and ideology. There are Bangladeshis that don't necessarily care for India nor the role she plays regionally, and there are others who wish to build ever stronger relationships with India.

Similar distinctions, to differing proportions, exist in India and Pakistan as well.

Indians should recognize and understand the various shades of opinion in Bangladesh, and engage with them, instead of assuming that the Bangladeshis are going to be forever indebted to India and therefore blindly support it.

But anyway, discussion for a different thread.

I have a suggestion that "Elite members" should only be those who show "eliteness" in their posts. In my suggestion 'qusaark' should be one. But its upto Mods.

It's very important.

Thanks.

And i say those have some heart burns :flame: should not be members at all :)

On the other hand all those who have spend some years and have 5000 Posts on their credit have been made Elite members and it also includes Indians

I respect you opinion sir and its good to see that you share the same opinion that others have on the forum but have you looked at the threads created by RiazHaq till now by any chance? not only is his rhetoric about poverty very demeaning but he fails to answer any questions thrown at him and continue to post his insulting post linked to his even more insulting blog. It is one thing to discuss poverty in a meaningful manner and one thing to discuss to demean another country. and he has done that multiple times and posted wrong articles, played with statistics and posted articles in such a way that it hurts the emotions of the Indian members on the forum. I would really be grateful if you can look into this matter.

1. Freedom of speech. as AM says "Even if we have to shove it down your throats" :lol:
2. counter with valid links and reasons.

IMO, banning such people wont solve the problem. frankly, did any of the indian succeeded in changing his opinion. then Indian side of argument is not strong enough.:rolleyes:

I am not for banning him. banning is something like strangling someone shouting because we are not capable of countering his argument.

It's very important.

Thanks.

Elite is a designation for those who have committed a lot of time to the forum (and staff - who help with updating information on the site, no moderating responsibilities), and will likely remain that way.

We are looking at another designation, based on quality of posts and how they represent their nation, for posters from other nations. Nothing settled yet on that count.

Off topic, but I think Indians need to understand that Bangladesh is, like many other nations, not monolithic in its views and ideology. There are Bangladeshis that don't necessarily care for India nor the role she plays regionally, and there are others who wish to build ever stronger relationships with India.

Similar distinctions, to differing proportions, exist in India and Pakistan as well.

Indians should recognize and understand the various shades of opinion in Bangladesh, and engage with them, instead of assuming that the Bangladeshis are going to be forever indebted to India and therefore blindly support it.

But anyway, discussion for a different thread.

But sometimes some BD members pass unprovoked troll remarks, about India and about Hinduism.
I don't think it is wrong if we respond in such cases.
Many of them show hate for no reason, just for the sake of hating.

I am going to and join an Indian forum and put Pakistan case there bluntly and let see how soon I be banned from there.

Elite is a designation for those who have committed a lot of time to the forum (and staff - who help with updating information on the site, no moderating responsibilities), and will likely remain that way.

We are looking at another designation, based on quality of posts and how they represent their nation, for posters from other nations. Nothing settled yet on that count.

Thats a really good idea............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom