What's new

Three Sri Lankan soldiers shot dead: army

You know SL has for long had a pro PAK and China stance yet many non tamilian Indians sympathise with them.
Is it the blind hatred for dravidian tamil or just dumb thought that SL is a very friendly country. SL is a country waiting to stab India for China....Mark my words

If they stab us, We will kill them! They are not fools to mess with us! Why would a country bring a giant and powerful neighbor who is friendly?

Sri Lanka: Northern Province GDP records healthy growth

2011 Report

Sri Lanka's northern province, which had been badly hit by war, had the highest rate of economic growth in 2010 as a post-war rebound continued, the central said.

The north's gross domestic product grew 22.0 percent last year, the bank said in an analysis of provincial GDP.

"Reflecting the rapid expansion in income generating activities in the Northern province, GDP growth rate was highest in the province at 22.9 per cent. Its contribution to GDP also increased from 3.2 per cent in 2009 to 3.4 per cent in 2010."

The central bank data showed a sharp growth in industry in the northern province, which rose to 14.2 percent of GDP in 2010 from 9.3 percent in 2009, while the share of agriculture and services fell.

Sri Lanka war-torn north shows highest economic growth: CB - LANKA BUSINESS ONLINE

So you have no answer to that question, but you are making feeble excuses like ''what choice do they have''???

Seriously, thats the best you could come up with? Now I'm really depressed about the plight of SL tamils... with ''friends'' like these...

OK intelligent just see this link and just think for 1 min/30secs that those are your sisters and brothers then write a comment(by placing a hand near your heart).

Article |

although I don't support violent solution in Sri Lanka but blood donation won't help, Sri Lankan Tamils are asking for more federal system like India where they will have more share in their own affairs and there would be no long lasting peace in Sri Lanka without that because Sri Lankan Tamil had always been prosperous community before civil war.

although I don't support violent solution in Sri Lanka but blood donation won't help, Sri Lankan Tamils are asking for more federal system like India where they will have more share in their own affairs and there would be no long lasting peace in Sri Lanka without that because Sri Lankan Tamil had always been prosperous community before civil war.

At least you able understand our feeling thanks...

I don't knw why majority of Indians against us? during Mumbai bomb blast or Gujarat earth quake we felt that our brothers are suffered and helped a lot( I knw is not a decency to say that we helped).

During Tamil fisherman killing or SL Tamil genocide nobody willing to talk abt that issues, why??. Leave all that issue atleast u people think those genocide as human rights violation ryt damn. Insurgency is not been created always by itself sometimes it forced to be created.

At least you able understand our feeling thanks...

I don't knw why majority of Indians against us? during Mumbai bomb blast or Gujarat earth quake we felt that our brothers are suffered and helped a lot( I knw is not a decency to say that we helped).

During Tamil fisherman killing or SL Tamil genocide nobody willing to talk abt that issues, why??. Leave all that issue atleast u people think those genocide as human rights violation ryt damn. Insurgency is not been created always by itself sometimes it forced to be created.

I am not a Tamil and as far I know most of the non-Tamil Indians don't know what actually happened to Sri Lankan Tamil which led their country towards civil war, that's the main issue. I have read whole history of discrimination faced by Tamil in Sri Lanka like the citizenship act, Sinhala only act or the burning of Tamil cultural heritage by putting Jaffna Library on fire.

But I also feel Sinhalese also paid a huge price for their past mistakes lots of soldiers died and huge economic loss. But after the civil war instead of moving towards ultimate solution what we saw was Fonseka vs Rajpakshe issue.

And I think our government is refraining from too much influence in Sri Lanka. But still Sri Lanka feels pressure from India, that's why they are trying to belittle it by bringing China.

I am not a Tamil and as far I know most of the non-Tamil Indians don't know what actually happened to Sri Lankan Tamil which led their country towards civil war, that's the main issue. I have read whole history of discrimination faced by Tamil in Sri Lanka like the citizenship act, Sinhala only act or the burning of Tamil cultural heritage by putting Jaffna Library on fire.

But I also feel Sinhalese also paid a huge price for their past mistakes lots of soldiers died and huge economic loss. But after the civil war instead of moving towards ultimate solution what we saw was Fonseka vs Rajpakshe issue.

And I think our government is refraining from too much influence in Sri Lanka. But still Sri Lanka feels pressure from India, that's why they are trying to belittle it by bringing China.

Sinhalese lost many soldiers I agreed but wat made LTTE to fight that's more impt. ryt still they are secondary citizen.

SL is buddist country culturally we are different frm them ,if all the SL issues(human right violations) ended it will back stab India for sure. Don't forget during India-Pak war SL helped Pakistan so SL won't fear at India. If China influence in India ocean(near future) We (Indian Tamils )would be first victim ,India is ruling by bunch of fools ,wat to do??.

Sinhalese lost many soldiers I agreed but wat made LTTE to fight that's more impt. ryt still they are secondary citizen.

SL is buddist country culturally we are different frm them ,if all the SL issues(human right violations) ended it will back stab India for sure. Don't forget during India-Pak war SL helped Pakistan so SL won't fear at India. If China influence in India ocean(near future) We (Indian Tamils )would be first victim ,India is ruling by bunch of fools ,wat to do??.

I already pointed out it was their mistakes. The burning of Jaffna Public Library is the most shocking cultural genocide and it was biggest lost to Tamil Culture equaling that of burning of the Library of Nalanda University by Bakhtiar Khilji in 1197 AD.

And you have example of Syria right before you, nobody can do anything, just keep on watching. And Sri Lanka is already clinging to China,sadly even Tamil issue will end like this internationally.

I already pointed out it was their mistakes. The burning of Jaffna Public Library is the most shocking cultural genocide and it was biggest lost to Tamil Culture equaling that of burning of the Library of Nalanda University by Bakhtiar Khilji in 1197 AD.

And you have example of Syria right before you, nobody can do anything, just keep on watching. And Sri Lanka is already clinging to China,sadly even Tamil issue will end like this internationally.

I think you should read more first of all India helped SL to kill SL tamil people. Actually Sonia taken revenge if India is genuinely supports SL tamils means why they inviting that mass murderer ****** as chief guest? ans is simple they want as to die. Whoever did they will pay the price soon.

Provincial elections in Tamil north in 2012

Sri Lanka today announced that it will hold provincial elections in the once restive Tamil dominated north in 2012.

Rajapaksa said any political settlement to the matter will have to be approved by the parliament. " The president said the election for the northern provincial council will be held. He wanted the parties to start preparing for the polls.

He said appointing a parliamentary select committee on the ethnic question was not a delaying tactic. "Any solution that comes up will have to be approved in parliament," the president said. "I will back any solution approved by parliament".

Provincial elections in Tamil north in 2012: Rajapaksa

I think you should read more first of all India helped SL to kill SL tamil people. Actually Sonia taken revenge if India is genuinely supports SL tamils means why they inviting that mass murderer ****** as chief guest? ans is simple they want as to die. Whoever did they will pay the price soon.
leave it brother, if i were not married and had a kid, i would have become a sucide soldier to bring the Ndhru blood line to and end for supporting the genocide under SONIA's supervision.

A life lost cannot be replaced at all...My condolences to the family members and friends of the deceased.

Sri Lanka to appoint Parliamentary Select Committee to formulate solutions to the ethnic issue

Sri Lankan government has decided to entrust the Parliament to prepare a political solution for the North. President Mahinda Rajapaksa will request the Speaker of Parliament this week to appoint an all party committee in this connection.

Minister Douglas Devananda and leaders of several political parties allied with the government have requested the government to appoint an all party Parliamentary Select committee to formulate a political solution to the North problem. Minister Devananda also informed the importance of entrusting this matter to the Parliamentary Select committee when he had a telephone discussion with the Indian National Security head Shiva Shanker Menon during his visit to Sri Lanka.

Government sources also informed that President Mahinda Rajapaksa held discussions in length with the political party leaders at the Parliamentary Complex last Friday in this regard and has arrived at a conclusion about appointing of this committee.

It is reported that the Government has decided to discuss this matter by the proposed Parliamentary Select committee, and the decisions arrived at will be submitted to Parliament for formal approval.

Sri Lanka to appoint a Parliamentary Select Committee to formulate solutions to the ethnic issue | Asian Tribune

@Lankan Rangers.

Buddy I don't think Sri Lanka is working towards it seriously. I read your whole history since your independence. You guys always had a new constitution every 10-15 years since independence. The real issue is moving towards semi-federalism in your country and you guys are trying to refrain from it. "Unitary System of Democracy" always destined to fail in Multi-ethnic country.

Back
Top Bottom