What's new

Tipu Sultan, Sir Syed Ahmed Khan's lives to be turned into world class productions: Fawad Chaudhry

In general terms, Pakistani Muslims and Muslims from the region of Pakistan along with their allies have fought against Aryan Hindus and their allies for centuries. Tipu fought against Nizam's Muslims and maratha Hindus. It is irrelevant that Muslims fought against him. I don't know why you find that worthy of highlighting. Just a as loyal Hindus supported Tipu, treacherous Muslims went against him. His allies were Christian French and his enemies were Christian British.
Wait what? You fought Aryan Hindus? Yeah sure, you might as well as fought the Huns.
Like I said before, it's not about how Muslim which you lot make out to be, and for obvious reason, he's a Muslim which makes you the owners of their hustory. What I am saying is I wonder how you, an Islamic state is going to portray the treachery of fellow Muslims. Probably it'll be the evil Hanoodis (marathas) who will side with Brits to take out beloved Ghazi, given the altered shitty history you are fed.

Your entire spiel has the typical communal slant that tends to emanate from your general direction. Carry on for all I care. Tipu is recognised globally as a leader who consistently resisted colonial British expansion. The marathas did not - so sorry. The marathas sided with the British when it suited them, especially against him. You can be butthurt over your ancestors' poor decision making for the rest of your life. We on the other hand have huge respect for his consistency in pursuit of his anti-British objectives.

He lost ultimately but he didn't sacrifice his principles. How do the nizam and marathas fare in the final reckoning in this regard?

Indeed, the man himself pointed out the importance of such a virtue. Tigers, jackals etc.
Yeah, typical ignorant rant. Mysore sided with the French in actions against Nizams, then Nizams and the Marathas sided with the British to take Tipu out both had a long history against Mysore. Also, Marathas successfully fought against the British in the first Anglo-Maratha war. Indian kings didn't see through the purpose of these colonisers, the Brits used these local kings to take control of the country.

My ancestors took the right decision by whooping Tipu's arse, and also by not forgoing our history and customs for some sea farers.

He didn't sacrifice principle? Towards the end he was senile, so much that he thought his demise is the result of magic done by Hindus, so he ordered the killing of the entire families of Brahmins suspecting it, There are people who still don't observe Hindu celebrations to honor the ancestors mass murdered by Tipu.
Your Ghazi tried to restore some temples, as per advice of some "brahmins" as he thought bad luck followed him since the distruction and his demise is the result of his actions. LOL! So much for being a devout Muslim.

Wait what? You fought Aryan Hindus? Yeah sure, you might as well as fought the Huns.
Like I said before, it's not about how Muslim which you lot make out to be, and for obvious reason, he's a Muslim which makes you the owners of their hustory. What I am saying is I wonder how you, an Islamic state is going to portray the treachery of fellow Muslims. Probably it'll be the evil Hanoodis (marathas) who will side with Brits to take out beloved Ghazi, given the altered shitty history you are fed.

Yeah, typical ignorant rant. Mysore sided with the French in actions against Nizams, then Nizams and the Marathas sided with the British to take Tipu out both had a long history against Mysore. Also, Marathas successfully fought against the British in the first Anglo-Maratha war. Indian kings didn't see through the purpose of these colonisers, the Brits used these local kings to take control of the country.

My ancestors took the right decision by whooping Tipu's arse, and also by not forgoing our history and customs for some sea farers.

He didn't sacrifice principle? Towards the end he was senile, so much that he thought his demise is the result of magic done by Hindus, so he ordered the killing of the entire families of Brahmins suspecting it, There are people who still don't observe Hindu celebrations to honor the ancestors mass murdered by Tipu.
Your Ghazi tried to restore some temples, as per advice of some "brahmins" as he thought bad luck followed him since the distruction and his demise is the result of his actions. LOL! So much for being a devout Muslim.

And conveniently forgetting the fact the saviour of the Hindus destroyed the temples when attacking Tipu. They are so infamous for loot that they did not have any allies to fight for the in third battle of Panipat. They are bunch of thugs and looters atleast Tipu is constructive and he is considered the real missile man .

When you see Pakistani members needing to justify the actions of Tipu Sultan or Sir Syed by race relations you know the country is doomed.

In general terms, Pakistani Muslims and Muslims from the region of Pakistan along with their allies have fought against Aryan Hindus and their allies for centuries. Tipu fought against Nizam's Muslims and maratha Hindus. It is irrelevant that Muslims fought against him. I don't know why you find that worthy of highlighting. Just a as loyal Hindus supported Tipu, treacherous Muslims went against him. His allies were Christian French and his enemies were Christian British.

Your entire spiel has the typical communal slant that tends to emanate from your general direction. Carry on for all I care. Tipu is recognised globally as a leader who consistently resisted colonial British expansion. The marathas did not - so sorry. The marathas sided with the British when it suited them, especially against him. You can be butthurt over your ancestors' poor decision making for the rest of your life. We on the other hand have huge respect for his consistency in pursuit of his anti-British objectives.

He lost ultimately but he didn't sacrifice his principles. How do the nizam and marathas fare in the final reckoning in this regard?

Indeed, the man himself pointed out the importance of such a virtue. Tigers, jackals etc.
He was a Gangu...Please refrain from using Gangetic figures when you claim that you have nothing to do with Ganga

Since you bring up the English, I think an apt analogy would be the Anglo-Saxon invasion of Britain. The Angles and Saxons brought new culture that changed Britain forever, and the invaders made Britain their new home. Similarly, men like Mahmud and Ghori brought new culture that changed Pakistan forever, and made the region of Afghanistan-Pakistan their new home.

only Afghanustan...remember true Pakistanis murdered Ghori in Potohar PLateau...as far as founder of Pakistan is concerned, Raja Dahir is a good candidate...or any of the Hindu Shahi kings

They are bunch of thugs and looters atleast Tipu is constructive and he is considered the real missile man .
And Tipu was a very seedha saadha aadmi 😂

Also, it wasn't as if he was taking the help of a foreign power that didn't have colonial ambitions. Last I checked, the French had colonies in Africa, Asia, Americas, etc well into the 20th century so basically it was a convenient alliance to save his kingdom from the British. Helping Tipu simply served French interest in Asia.

Why didn't Tipu attack French colonies in India in places like Pondicherry, Mahe, Karaikal, etc?

as far as founder of Pakistan is concerned, Raja Dahir is a good candidate...or any of the Hindu Shahi kings
And the Sikh dynasty/misls.

Last edited:

I never said he was a devout muslim, nor do I care if he wasn't. His principles obviously have overlap with Islamic principles but he wasn't a "perfect Muslim", as most kings or sultans can never be religiously adept by simple virtue of their earthly position. A certain degree of asceticism would be mandatory for anyone striving for religious piety. Where are you getting this Islamic Islamic Islamic spiel? What makes you think I care one iota whether x or y was a good Muslim not?

Smashing your filthy ancestors and looting their brahminist temple wealth was a wonderful act of basic humanity, aimed squarely at an oppressive caste based regime dreamt up by steppe land migrants to enslave those darker skinned and more basic in functionality than your fortunate ancestry. Any humanitarian would have done likewise.

As for Pakistanis warring against your lineages, the Mlechas of the IVC regions were very much your enemies, and we're glad they were. Today, we happily continue their fight against your contemporaries.

Tipu is certainly respected by us for aligning with basic humanitarian principles. It's not an "Islam" thing you see. We love the godless naxalites, the godless Chinese and the Sikh khalistanis for identical reasons.

So one temple attcked and Marathas become destroyer of temples lol. Forget temples, tell me examples where Marathas went on a mosque destruction spree.

The Marathas are known for their thuggery all over India. They are similar in tones of Ghazni whom you people so despice the Martha's are hindu version of Ghazni .

And Tipu is not free of vices but atleast he was ingenious and tried to develop his state with various ways unlike Marathas whose sole bread and butter was by thuggery.

Also, it wasn't as if he was taking the help of a foreign power that didn't have colonial ambitions. Last I checked, the French had colonies in Africa, Asia, Americas, etc well into the 20th century so basically it was a convenient alliance to save his kingdom from the British. Helping Tipu simply served French interest in Asia.

Why didn't Tipu attack French colonies in India in places like Pondicherry, Mahe, Karaikal, etc?

So because the French were terrible somewhere else (which isn't under dispute)you're assuming they would have been as brutal and controlling as the British? Unfortunately, your position is theoretical and unprovable.
The Marathas are known for their thuggery all over India. They are similar in tones of Ghazni whom you people so despice the Martha's are hindu version of Ghazni .

And Tipu is not free of vices but atleast he was ingenious and tried to develop his state with various ways unlike Marathas whose sole bread and butter was by thuggery.
Marathas were opportunists, siding with the same people they warred against when it suited their agenda.

Tipu was clever in the way he utilised the motto your enemy is my friend and he was independent in the sense that he did not sell his freedom it was a mutual agreement .

He was a Gangu...Please refrain from using Gangetic figures when you claim that you have nothing to do with Ganga
Relax. I don't claim ownership of Tipu. I simply respect him. He's certainly one of yours, but your own countrymen seem intent on disowning him for "crimes against mother Hindustan".

Indians should very much be proud of Tipu for his excellent resilience and innovation. Indeed, it is quite tiresome for civilised observers that your countrymen disown 1000 years of your own history.

Are you really comparing Marathas with Mahmud of Ghazni? Are you worth the debate?🙄
So now you support Tipu because he was ingenious. See, I'm not against you supporting anyone, but atleast be a bit consistent about the reasons. Earlier, you said Tipu was a person who doesn't loot (actually all empires at that time looted) and now you are saying he is ingenious. You could have easily said "I support Tipu because he fought the British" instead of bringing the Marathas in between.

I'm resting my case here as I don't see point engaging with you.

So because the French were terrible somewhere else (which isn't under dispute)you're assuming they would have been as brutal and controlling as the British? Unfortunately, your position is theoretical and unprovable.
But my position is more probable. If they had colonies in other far flung parts of the world, it's highly likely that they would have increased their colonies in India if given the chance. It's just that the British beat them in India (I'm sure you know about that). And my other point was regarding the inaction of Tipu against French colonies in India which is telling about whether really was against colonialism or was he just making a convenient mutual alliance which all kingdoms make. I'll still agree that my point is unprovable and theoretical but the French clearly didn't have a noble intention of removing Britishers to liberate India and free us from colonialism when they themselves had colonies in other parts of the world.

We are looking at history from a current standpoint where we know what action led to what effect. The rulers at that time wouldn't have even imagined the British taking full control of India in a few years. Forget that, their definition of what India is would have been completely different from what the present India is.

Now assume a scenario where Tipu French alliance beat the Marathas, Nizam and the British. After a few years, with the help of this victory the French become stronger and then take complete control over India. Just take a look at what happened in Bengal. The British helped one side (Mir Jafar) and defeated Siraj-ud-Daulah. Mir Jafar became the Nawab of Bengal but then he himself was deposed by the British. Why couldn't the same happen to Tipu?
Marathas were opportunists, siding with the same people they warred against when it suited their agenda.
Everyone was an opportunist at that time and even today. Even in the modern international relations, everyone is an opportunist so I really didn't understand what you mean by this.

Last edited:
Are you really comparing Marathas with Mahmud of Ghazni? Are you worth the debate?🙄

So now you support Tipu because he was ingenious. See, I'm not against you supporting anyone, but atleast be a bit consistent about the reasons. Earlier, you said Tipu was a person who doesn't loot (actually all empires at that time looted) and now you are saying he is ingenious. You could have easily said "I support Tipu because he fought the British" instead of bringing the Marathas in between.

I'm resting my case here as I don't see point engaging with you.

Now you are putting words in my mouth my position is clear that Tipu had vices but he was better than the Marathas in the sence that he tried to develop his constituency in various ways.

I compared Marthas with Ghazni because their main bread and butter dependent upon looting, the regions where Martha's ruled were improvished and little farming was done so their main target was influential parts like in Bengal or gangetic upper plains where they collected extortion money like "Chauth" kind of like protection money that thugs take. Now don' tell this is not in history. Infact they were known as bargis and they plundered bengal many a times like Ghazni did in Somnath. They looted people raped women folk and Hindus included too and it became so much worse that even the Hindus living there asked Nawab Alivardi Khan (grand father of Siraj Ud Daulah last nawab of independent bengal) to repeal the Martha's and subsequently there was truce after they lost to Nawab . So much hindu pride that they killed their fellow Hindus and subsequently they attacked the Hindu Rajput kings and the Sikhs. Everyone got fed up with Marathas that against Ahmed Shah Abdali no one helped them and in third battle of Panipat they lost decisively to him and in this battle many Maratha stalwarts got killed like Sada Shiv Bhau and many more marking the end of dream of Maratha dominance in pan India helping the Britishers to take control the rule in India.

Back
Top Bottom