What's new

U.S 'agrees NEW Afghan supply route'

"These "Jihadi" Kids you're referring to are Citizens of Pakistan who've been kind enough to tolerate your hatred towards our Nation."

Back off your sanctimonious soapbox. I could tell he was joking.

You're hardly kind and we're hardly hateful. You'll clearly know without question when our attitudes about Pakistan harden to hate. The likes of you do increase those odds.

Jokes about Bombing someone aren't exactly appreciated anywhere in the world. Specially not from the people of a nation who's currently engaged in two illegal wars. Before calling me sanctimonious, why don't you Leave the unnecessary emotion out the door? I didn't ask for a justification for someone's else's comment from you.

Jokes about Bombing someone aren't exactly appreciated anywhere in the world.

Hey! Bezerk! Read the posts by your buddy SherdiL! Half of them are about nuking someone! Lighten up. I assumed those posts by him, and similar ones by you, were exaggerations to be humorous. Not so? Do you guys REALLY advocate nuking the 3/4 of the planet that doesn't agree with you?

Hey! Bezerk! Read the posts by your buddy SherdiL! Half of them are about nuking someone! Lighten up. I assumed those posts by him, and similar ones by you, were exaggerations to be humorous. Not so? Do you guys REALLY advocate nuking the 3/4 of the planet that doesn't agree with you?

SherdiL isn't as old as you are. I was definitely not expecting that sort of an attitude from you to the least. And where exactly did I exaggerated a statement on that this Issue?

Anyway, let's get back to the topic.

SherdiL isn't as old as you are. I was definitely not expecting that sort of an attitude from you to the least. And where exactly did I exaggerated a statement on that this Issue?

Anyway, let's get back to the topic.

Agreed. I may be 63 years old, but you will find that you want to be 25 all your life. It's more fun that way. Anyway, I will try harder to be the grown-up here. Me bad ......:usflag:

It's all about options and leverage against our enemies. If America can finesse these agreements in conjunction with our already established capacity in Pakistan, we've the option now of expanding our forces to this new capacity-whatever that may be. Clearly, we've also built-in some slack.

Either are beneficial.

We're not going to leverage this against Pakistan. Nobody's invading with SOF or B-52s carpet-bombing FATA. Relationships in the CAR are always tenuous-with anybody. Us today, Russia tomorrow, China the day after.

Our best bet remains with Pakistan. It has it's own incentives now to keeping routes open to Afghanistan. Our defeat there would entail the likely defeat of Pakistan so there's little question that Pakistan is now part of this fight, like it or not.

As much as i hate to admit it, you are correct. This is Pakistan's problem now, these fanatics are crazy and we need to defeat them.

Agreed. I may be 63 years old, but you will find that you want to be 25 all your life. It's more fun that way. Anyway, I will try harder to be the grown-up here. Me bad ......:usflag:

Haha you're right about that. In the words of "The Who"

People try to put us d-down (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
Just because we get around (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
Things they do look awful c-c-cold (Talkin' 'bout my generation)
I hope I die before I get old (Talkin' 'bout my generation)

No offence to the Old of course lol.

"Specially not from the people of a nation who's currently engaged in two illegal wars."

Just keeping our portfolio divested while seeking maximum ROI...:agree:

Hooray! When we have established an alternate to Pakistan for NATO/US supplies to Afghanistan then we can missile strike, high altitude bomb and even send in special forces to FATA with less hassle from Islamabad.

:usflag: :usflag:

Hello truthseeker,

In your intro you try to portray an educated soul----suddenly the true colors come out.

It's all about options and leverage against our enemies. If America can finesse these agreements in conjunction with our already established capacity in Pakistan, we've the option now of expanding our forces to this new capacity-whatever that may be. Clearly, we've also built-in some slack.

Either are beneficial.

We're not going to leverage this against Pakistan. Nobody's invading with SOF or B-52s carpet-bombing FATA. Relationships in the CAR are always tenuous-with anybody. Us today, Russia tomorrow, China the day after.

Our best bet remains with Pakistan. It has it's own incentives now to keeping routes open to Afghanistan. Our defeat there would entail the likely defeat of Pakistan so there's little question that Pakistan is now part of this fight, like it or not.

War is not just a physical battle between two forces but there's an inherent ideological battle behind it, which even if you win the physical battle you may not necessarily win the ideological battle, in some cases you lose the ideological battle. and the ideological battle what you need to win a war. as was the case in vietnam and iraq. people's will can never be subdued through sheer brute terror alone. prestine examples are infront of you from modern history of kashmir, palestine, and nazi occupied territories. which neither you nor your ilk in washington comprehend properly.

your assertion that a defeat of u.s. in afghanistan would coincide with the defeat of pakistan is a very short-sighted and poorly thought out assertion, because first of all, any defeat of the u.s. in the region would be a major ideological win for the legitimate resistance fighers aka mujahideen (also a brownie point for the terrorists), secondly, it would be a victory for justice and Islam. and Islam is the idiological foundation of pakistan b/c it was created for muslims, so lets suppose if pakistan gets crippled, a victory of islam would nullify the defeat of pak, because afterall pakistan's ideological foundation is islam, thus any victory for islam is a victory for all muslims, including that of pakistanis. :azn:

I agree with you S-2. In my posts above I couldn't resist tweaking some of the Jihadi kiddies here at PDF. They can't take (or understand) a joke ....

They put out videos that say way mean things about us. We don't like it. It hurts our feelings. So we want to kill them. You are making them guests in your homes. Look out, incoming! TA! TA!

Awww...the kiddies hurt your feelings?

I didn't know you had feelings to begin with, kiddie.

so, let me question your logic, anyone that hurts your so called ''feelings'' gives you moral grounds to kill them?

also, going by your logic, the feelings are only for yourself, there are no feelings when other innocents are hurt...eh?

what a narcissistic freak!!

what a narcissistic freak!!

Did you really not understand that my posts on this thread were all just teasing bezerk and SherdiL!? Do I have to now consider that you are one of the Jihadi kiddies who cannot take (or understand) a joke? Please read more carefully and, when something seems absurd, think about the possibility that it is meant to be absurd.

TS,

Unfortunately, such is the distrust and dislike of the US at the moment amongst Pakistanis that comments such as yours are taken quite seriously. This has nothing to do with sympathizing with the Taliban or extremists, its just an illustration of how badly botched the 'battle for hearts and minds' was under the Bush administration - not that they really tried.

And to add to that, there definitely are Americans who do go around shooting their mouths about 'bombing to the stone age whatever opposes the US' and 'glass parking lots' etc. On the other side, there are Pakistanis who quite seriously argue for the collapse of the US, and on a conservative US board, a humorous comment along those lines woudl likely be taken just as badly (I have seen it happen).

I think given the environment we live in at the moment, sensitivities should be kept in mind ...

Back
Top Bottom