What's new

Water or War

When should Pakistan launch surgical strikes on Indian Dams

Votes: 8 19.5%

Votes: 9 22.0%

Votes: 14 34.1%

Votes: 10 24.4%

• Total voters
RobbieS...google it data is online..in short treaties prohibit to develop more dams on the side of India due to restrictions india chose to by pass and make illegal dams why rant about data while in first place india violated the treaties..

I have a little doubt on "SHOULD" in the Poll's statement.

I don't think the matter will go to war. It is not that only Pakistan can not afford a war, even India is not in a position to get weak when China remains in full bloom. War can be a possibility but not and should not be the only possibility.

KIT Over

I have a little doubt on "SHOULD" in the Poll's statement.

I don't think the matter will go to war. It is not that only Pakistan can not afford a war, even India is not in a position to get weak when China remains in full bloom. War can be a possibility but not and should not be the only possibility.

KIT Over

Totally agree!!

RobbieS...google it data is online..in short treaties prohibit to develop more dams on the side of India due to restrictions india chose to by pass and make illegal dams why rant about data while in first place india violated the treaties..

Why don't you stop ranting about India stealing your waters and show some data for a change? Your side is the one making all the allegations so guess whose responsibility it is to show irrefutable proof?

AFAIK, India has exclusive use of the rivers and its eastern tributaries till they reached the borders. It also has a right to build dams upto a certain height. And based on the last judgment of the international tribunal, Pakistan has no case.

Maybe you'd want to refer to the following doc for more-
http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTSOUTHASIA/Resources/223497-1105737253588/IndusWatersTreaty1960.pdf

RobbieS..don't get angry india went against the treaty terms and rules and policies you were prohibited and you by passed and went illegal incase of dams again don't rant first you break promises and rules and than you ask for data..go google it for informative data you require its better than spending time watching movies on the internet..our side is not making allegations we've presented the truth..don't tell me you deny there are no dams illegally made they don't exists on you side...stop babbling..

Though i totally agree the current scenaraio in pakistan is totally to be blamed on the past goverments for not focusing on this important issue of water by building some small dams. I think the main focus now should be how do pakistan overcome this water issue.
1) Start building dams on its side to avoid water wasted to sea. (but thats gonna take 6-7 years from now if started now)
2) Convince india to some point which favours both parties.(looks quite bleak to me to convince india)
3)WAR. The only scenario in which i see war is: if the shortage of water reaches to the point where public voice heavily start rising against government. The simple method to gain sympathy would be to blame india for everything and maybe a war.
Finally u go in war with some objectives. I think by going into war i dont see objectives being achieved by any means, As this not gonna solve our water issue.
To me, the solution might be this.
1) first get a proper government in pakistan who know how to deal with foreign issues properly.
2)get in serious dialogue process with the indian and hope they are serious too.
3) finally plz atleast now give go ahead to the dam projects which are still stuck.

I guess the Best option is to bomb Himalaya moutains too.. because of it the water flows. because of it the dams are being built.. bomb the damn mountains and India wont build any dams..LOL

Seriously, grow up man. U talk of taking out dams like picking mangoes. Do u think its going to be easy? And even if the dambuster mission succeeds, what are you going to do with the flood of water pouring into pakistan? It will just flood Pakistani agricultural land, and maybe even a few cities. The destruction caused will make a nuke look like a Diwali firecracker! Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

No one is stupid enough to strike the dams, unless they want a beach at on your eastern border.

Actually we get the beach on the Western border with a great view of the expanse of water all the way to Baluchistan.

I think its important to discuss the issue, if we have a treaty in place , so why are we not getting our share of water , from the rivers that should be allowed to flow thru ...

I mean this is grave grave dangerous situation that will escalete by 100% in 1-2 years :sick:

TRANSLATION WAR IS 100% possibility over water crisis

People should be more aware on this so perhaps we can do something to avert the crisis

I think its important to discuss the issue, if we have a treaty in place , so why are we not getting our share of water , from the rivers that should be allowed to flow thru ...

I mean this is grave grave dangerous situation that will escalete by 100% in 1-2 years :sick:

Why don't you ask this question to your Government ......they have not been able to build Dams and a major Chunk of PAkistan Share of River Water goes into Arabian Sea....

LAHORE - Leading water and power experts Wednesday urged all the four provincial governments to build dams in their respective areas in order to conserve 36 MAF water presently being wasted to sea.
The consensus was developed at Pakistan Water Front meeting jointly chaired by the LCCI SVP Ijaz A. Mumtaz and former Vice President Shahzad Ali Malik.
The water and power experts including Mushtaq Ahmad Gill, Dr. Muhammad Shafiq, Dr. Shahid Raza, Ayub Mayo and Dr Asif were of the opinion that there was no constitutional bar on the provincial govt so they must not waste any more time and should initiate working on small dams in their respective areas.

They said that it was not the Pakistan alone against which the Indian govt was hatching water conspiracies but it was playing the same game with China, Bangladesh and Nepal.

They made the point that Pakistan is on the brink of mass starvation as the process to turn it into a desert had begun because of a drastic cut in water availability from 5,000 cubic meters per capita in 1950s to 1000 cubic meter in 2010 despite the fact that water availability per capita ranks last amongst Asian countries and Pakistan experiencing severe water stress.

Without water 20m acres of otherwise fertile land would dry up in a week and tens of millions of people would starve. No army, with bombs and shellfire could devastate as thoroughly as Pakistan could be devastated by India by cutting off river flows. They said that the United States should ensure implementation of Indus Water Treaty (IWT) in letter and spirit, sharing of complete information regarding water flows as per the article VI of IWT, and installation of telemetry system on rivers by international agencies. They also urged the United States to ensure compensation of 0.2 MAF water of Baghliar, protection of water shed in the upper reaches (J&K) of western rivers, and time-bound resolution of differences and disputes besides technical and financial assistance for development of water resources particularly hydro-electric projects. Under the Indus Water Treaty 1960 India cannot stop or interfere with western rivers, whereas in case of Baglihar Dam India did not meet IWT provisions of sharing information. India withheld 0.2 MAF in case of Baghliar.

Experts urge provincial govts to build dams | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Pakistanis have been more concerned about the 0.2 MAF water being held up at Baglihar...rather than utilizing 36 MAF of water that goes wasted int Arabian Sea.....

Last edited:
RobbieS..don't get angry india went against the treaty terms and rules and policies you were prohibited and you by passed and went illegal incase of dams again don't rant first you break promises and rules and than you ask for data..go google it for informative data you require its better than spending time watching movies on the internet..our side is not making allegations we've presented the truth..don't tell me you deny there are no dams illegally made they don't exists on you side...stop babbling..

So what you are practically saying is that I believe you even though you can come up with nothing to prove your claims. So who's babbling...?

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. India is Pakistan's archrival, it always wanted the destruction of Pakistan since August 14, 1947. Pakistan's economy is run on agriculture and india knows this very well.

Pakistan's missed oppurtunity was in 1962 when China took back Aksai Chin from India. Pakistan should've attacked India from the western front while China was attacking India from the eastern front. We should learn from our mistakes. China is determined to get all of its territories back from India including Ladakh, and the day that happens Pakistan should take back Kashmir. India wont be able to handle a war with 2 nuclear power nations, it will be wiped off the map when that happens.

Those dams that India is building right now will be used to bring water and electricity to all of Pakistan in the near future inshAllah.

:pakistan:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom