What's new

What does Turkey think about joining the EU??

If Turkey joined EU, would that mean they would be part of the Schengen Area as well?

Excuse the language but puck the EU!

The EU has nothing to offer Turkey except for being a good market for Turkish goods and services.

Turkey should seek a political association in its East.

Would that be with the forces uniting against Israel?

Would that be with the forces uniting against Israel?
Well if you wanna look from that perspective, then yes, most of the Middle Eastern countries do not have good relations with Israel for obvious reasons. And after Israel murdered 11 of our citizens (turkish) on international waters, they created a new enemy. Hurra for the future for Israel!

PS. In this context the word hurra doesn't stand for the arabic equivalent which means "free", but more the danish equivalent which is a word used as a shout of "joy, triumph, applause, encouragement."

It all started when they pissed all over our efforts with them and Syria. People really don't realize how hard Turkey worked on that agreement we got Syria to agree to 99% of what Israel wanted and Israel agreed to many things as well and a deal was very close. Then Israel decided to bomb Gaza and kill hundreds of civilians instead. Everything fell apart with in hours after that.

The thing that made it simply horrible was that fact that Olmert knew about the operation while in the last days of the negotiations its as if he was in some type of delusion that starting a war was to have no effect in these matters. It only went downhill after that.

the european union does not want turkey in the euoropan union for

1.the human rights violations to the kurds,and other people along the border of iraq.
2. if turkey joins the eu parliament they take a considerable amount of members in eu parliament becoz of its populations
3.traffiking and migration
4.turkeys tilt towards a islamic principles from democratic principlea

1.the human rights violations to the kurds,and other people along the border of iraq.
2. if turkey joins the eu parliament they take a considerable amount of members in eu parliament becoz of its populations
3.traffiking and migration
4.turkeys tilt towards a islamic principles from democratic principlea

Let me give you an advice, before sticking your nose into specific matters, do a little background research cause what you are saying is simply wrong.

Firstly, there is NO human rights violations against the Kurdish population in Turkey. Actually about 20-30 % of the parliament consists of Kurds (most being from the government AKP and NOT the DTP which is a pro-rebel party). They have all the rights and the majority is happy about it.
It is highly hypocritical coming from an Indian who have for decades suppressed its Muslim minority, and very grotesque by the way.

Secondly, many of the Balkan countries (plus Greece) in the EU are several times worse both economically and infrastructure wise, and we have much better border control than all of the Balkan countries (Not like your third world India). So trafficking and migration is the worst excuse i have seen.

Today in Denmark we have lots of people from Balkan (after they were included in the EU) and they simply are being send back forcefully, while Turkish minority is a model citizen (with the highest education among the young people, contrasted with other minorities and even the Danes). The same goes for USA. Turkish people even today can live in the EU if they want, they just don't want to because Turkey's economic trend is going up while Europe's is going down.

The only reason Turkey is not included in the EU is religion, and the thing with the EU parliament where the Turks will have lots of seats. France and Germany are the only countries opposing Turkey's inclusion today.

i said it before and i am going to say it again ....

In my oppinion, 80% of Turkish people against joining to the EU coz its not ectually an economic union, Its also a religious and cultural union which we are not part of it !!

We Turks are (90%) Muslims and we have different a culture. These are making it implosibble for Turkiye to jouin the EU. And other a reason is economical situation. Only UK, Germany, French, Italy and Spain(!) have good economies, rest of have weak economies. Thats why EU has an economic crisis nowadays.

One more reason is (i think this is the most important) before us (Turks) they(europian clans) were fighting with eachother. They were historical an enemy for eachother till Turks conquered the Anatolia. We changed their history. Since 1071 Turks are an enemy which must wipe out from Anatolia for them. therefor, Turkiye will not join the EU !!

But using the EU for our benefits is free !!! :D :D

1.the human rights violations to the kurds

I am a half Turkish/kurdish. I have the same right which a Turkish has. To be honest, nowadays i have more than a Turkish :D :D

Here is an advice, do not talk about something that you have lack knowledge about it !!! ;)

Currently the biggest obstacle for EU membership is the Cyprus issue and not the human rights (or Article 301, Kurds, AG, etc..) Remember Greece and Cyprus are part of EU. If Turkey just made some adjustements it could get into the EU who is willing to compromise.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom