What's new

Which Middle Eastern nation has the most advanced independent space program?

Rukarl

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
I am very interested in the development of the space sector. Out of all the middle eastern nations, which do you think possesses the most advanced and ambitious space program which they are working on independently. Please don't just give a name of a country, also back it with why you have chosen that particular nation. I am hoping to learn more about the activities of the nations in this region. As I said, please only include indigenous/independent programs. I am not interested in programs involving paying other nations to have their satellites launched etc. I am interested in indigenous satellite, SLV, manned unmanned etc development. Thank you.

I am very interested in the development of the space sector. Out of all the middle eastern nations, which do you think possesses the most advanced and ambitious space program which they are working on independently. Please don't just give a name of a country, also back it with why you have chosen that particular nation. I am hoping to learn more about the activities of the nations in this region. As I said, please only include indigenous/independent programs. I am not interested in programs involving paying other nations to have their satellites launched etc. I am interested in indigenous satellite, SLV, manned unmanned etc development. Thank you.

I think Except Iran and israel no one else in the region has a SLV to have an indigenous/independent program that would narrow down your discussion only to them ...

I think IRAN AND ISRAEL. I don't know which one is ahead. I have heard about IRAN launching rockets.

Israel. For other countries, what is space?

:)

Sorry for touching your feelings!!!

KSLC_15.jpg

You should be tell them that there is oil in space and see the progress in their space programs.

Do you mean persian gulf's arab nations ?

Yeah... Thanks to US / French finance & expertise :)
Frenchs only helped in Jericho-1, which is tiny piny rocket compare to Shavit space launcher:

shavit_rocket.1472824980.gif

Isreal is hardly more advanced than Iran. Does Israel even have an active space program?
In terms of launchers:

* Israel launches 300 kg satellites against earth rotation (that means launcher has 400+ kg capability) which stay on orbit for many years.
* Iran launched only 50 kg satellites which lasted 1-2 months on orbit.

In terms of satellites:

* Israel builds advanced spy satellites with 70 cm resolution, advanced SAR spy satellites, advanced several ton weight communication satellites.
* Hard to tell anything about Iranian satellites. None is operational.

Currently Israel has 4 optic spy satellites (3 launched by Israel), 2 SAR spy satellites (1 launched by Israel) and 4 communication satellites (made by Israel but foreign launched).

There was heavy blow for Israeli space program yesterday when advanced communication satellite exploded on SpaceX launcher in US.

Iran has only one 160-kg experimental Sina-1 satellite launched by Russia. I dont think it is capable to do anything practical.

Back
Top Bottom