What's new

Why there are no powerful Punjabi Muslims from History?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does it matter Punjabi Muslim or not, Punjabi ik Punjabi haggaiha, es dharti da puthar ha, mazhab deh pichhe kyon paiyeh hoyehon?

I consider king porus, maharaja ranjit singh, harri singh all to be powerful punjabis in history. this land was known as soneh di chiriya that s why outsiders came from caves and deserts to invade for the rich fertile soil and wealth of the people. but punjabi culture is not one that lies down and take it. when we had to fight we fought, be it against that durrani clown or against mughals in dehli. but that is only when our patience was pushed to limit, otherwise we always respected others and focus on the beauty of love and poetry since we had plenty, unlike these beggars who came from outside :angry:.

@KingMamba93

A vast majority of Punjabi and Sindhi Muslims are Sufi Muslims and don't like wars. Some idiots are taking that as a "weakness" in the context of the bull crap concept of a "martial race". If you ask me, they have done quite well WITHOUT fighting and killing fellow humans. Both sides of punjab are quite rich and prosperous, should i take their "inherent non violence, non martial racehood" status to be a super strong cultural defensive mechanism?

Martial race theory is a bogus theory which had died out long ago but revived on online forums by the very Indians who claim to despise it. Nobody in Pakistan speaks of such theory and yes I agree about the sufi characteristics not being a weakness but rather a strength. As for a defense mechanism, I disagree as Punjabis for the most part do not ever feel like they are being culturally invaded and if you just look at Pak Punjab, Punjabis are probably the kindest accommodating people to Muslims from other parts of Pakistan.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Aeronaut it is unfortunate that the spirituality of Islam is now always overlooked and depending on where you may be even considered heretical by some Muslims. It was this beautiful aspect of our faith which conquered the hearts of Punjabis, Kashmiris, Sindhis, and many others in most parts of the world.

@Aeronaut it is unfortunate that the spirituality of Islam is now always overlooked and depending on where you may be even considered heretical by some Muslims. It was this beautiful aspect of our faith which conquered the hearts of Punjabis, Kashmiris, Sindhis, and many others in most parts of the world.

I'd rather live with sufis than the falsefully glorified murderers.

I was surprised that many Arabs think Sufi just worship graves all day lol. I was like what the hell. :disagree:

You got it. :D

Some sufis are do number.

Trust me, I've met enough of them.

Some sufis are do number.

Trust me, I've met enough of them.

Yaar there are no sufis left, there is only Barelvis now or Deobandis in Pakistan, also Shias. The people you see who do that are Barelvis. Specifically when it comes to Pakistan.

As one poster here wrote, it was usually people who lived in the mountains or the desert who became fighters, it was their environment which made them into natural fighters. The people of Punjab were living a comfortable life and saw no need to conquer other lands. They were a happy people with big hearts. The Sikhs in this case were an exception because persecution forced Sikhs to pick up weapons for self preservation. I think Punjabis like are milk which will remain cold but when it gets hot it will boil.

Punjabi's have always been unitied on the basis of nationhood regardless of religion therefore it is possible that any invasion which did not threaten their nation hood was not considered worth fighting with.

Jatts have their unique history like Awans do as well.

Jatts were originally atheist people that were oppressed by Raja Dahir.

They joined Muhammad Bin Qasim's army and some eventually converted.

Every people have their history.

:no:

Jats were Hindus/Buddhists prior to Muhammad Bin Qasim's invasion.

Just like the various ethnic groups that belonged to the varna or "caste system". Mythologically speaking, Jats are believed to have "descended" from Lord Shiva's locks just as other Kshatriyas are known to be descendents of various lines, such as the Suryavanshis (solar lineage or Lord Ram's descendants), Chandravanshi (lunar lineage), Agnivanshi (fire lineage) or the Nagavanshis (serpent lineage). In medieval India, many converted to Islam during bin Qasim's rule and others were initiated into the Khalsa Panth just as did the Rajputs, Brahmins and other people that mainly consisted from the Punjab/Rajasthan region. However there are still loads of traces of Hindu Jats, especially in northern and central India.

:no:

Jats were Hindus/Buddhists prior to Muhammad Bin Qasim's invasion.

Just like the various ethnic groups that belonged to the varna or "caste system". Mythologically speaking, Jats are believed to have "descended" from Lord Shiva's locks just as other Kshatriyas are known to be descendents of various lines, such as the Suryavanshis (solar lineage or Lord Ram's descendants), Chandravanshi (lunar lineage), Agnivanshi (fire lineage) or the Nagavanshis (serpent lineage). In medieval India, many converted to Islam during bin Qasim's rule and others were initiated into the Khalsa Panth just as did the Rajputs, Brahmins and other people mainly that consisted from the Punjab/Rajasthan region. However there are still loads of Hindu Jats, especially in northern and central India.

They are disputed to originate from Sindh.

They are disputed to originate from Sindh.

They are also known to be Indo-Scythians but other historians classify them as Indo-Aryans, so their origins in the subcontinent are quite blurry.

They are also known to be Indo-Scythians but other historians classify them as Indo-Aryans, so their origins in the subcontinent are quite blurry.

Harrapa project has traced them to Sindh. But whatever.

non punjabis in pakistan hate punjabis because they are better than rest..same in india we are hated because we feel superior. if punjabis are non martial and have no history then howcome we are so much in army and better athletes than rest. in most of national games in india take a look at which state has highest number of medals. who was raja porus who defeated alexander. ranjit singh, hari singh nalwa. we made wear afghans wear shalwar kamig. half of afghanistan in pakistan because of punjabis. punjabis of pakistan have changed a lot but that doest mean we are pushovers

punjabis if in army are better soldiers.( number of victoria crosses and param vir chakra awarded to us shows that). we are better enterpreneurs , we are better farmers, we are better actors, we are big hearted and better looking

many rulers of afghanistan like ahmed shah were actually born in punjab. gal karday ya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom