What's new

Why there are no powerful Punjabi Muslims from History?

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is what alexander wrote to his mother when in punjab

In a letter to his mother, Alexander described his encounters with these trans-Indus tribes of Punjab: "I am involved in the land of a leonine and brave people, where every foot of the ground is like a well of steel, confronting my soldier. You have brought only one son into the world, but everyone in this land can be called an Alexander

:no:

Jats were Hindus/Buddhists prior to Muhammad Bin Qasim's invasion.

Just like the various ethnic groups that belonged to the varna or "caste system". Mythologically speaking, Jats are believed to have "descended" from Lord Shiva's locks just as other Kshatriyas are known to be descendents of various lines, such as the Suryavanshis (solar lineage or Lord Ram's descendants), Chandravanshi (lunar lineage), Agnivanshi (fire lineage) or the Nagavanshis (serpent lineage). In medieval India, many converted to Islam during bin Qasim's rule and others were initiated into the Khalsa Panth just as did the Rajputs, Brahmins and other people that mainly consisted from the Punjab/Rajasthan region. However there are still loads of traces of Hindu Jats, especially in northern and central India.

Jats/Jatts are not considered as kshatriyas by rajputs.....

if punjabis are non martial and have no history then howcome we are so much in army and better athletes than rest. in most of national games in india take a look at which state has highest number of medals.

haryana........now dont say haryana is punjab.........:D

I was watching najam sethi and he was saying that "kum punjabio ney hamaisha chartay suraj ki pooja ki he". Its true, punjabis never offered any resistance after being conquered. I was reading babur-nama, the only people offering him resistance in Punjab were pashtuns/afghans settled there who were ruling Punjab that time. When ranjeet singh was conquering muslim areas of Punjab, only pathans of kasur and durranis of multan proved themeselves formidable enemies for him. When british was "charta suraj", they were the only people who sided with them in 1857 war against their fellow hindustanis. In return for their services, punjabis were gifted with "martial race" title and they were heavily recruited in army. Now "charta suraj" is Pakistan, they are ready to give up every thing for Pakistan, langauge ,culture etc..punjabis are experiencing power in true sense for the first time in history. 85% army is punjabi who are true rulers of pakistan, 70% beaurocracy is punjabi, 70% judiciary is punjabi, 60% of parliment is punjabi.

Pakistan was a first time they got a chance and Pakistan has produced many!

I think it has little to do with racism but with curiosity. Pakistani Punjabis consider themselves the Martial race. One is just trying to find the historical validity of that claim.

Ghakkars who are mentioned in the starting post, were indeed warriors, they live in potohar region along bank of river indus. They successfully halted pashtun incursions from presented day KPK, untill their strongholds were destroyed by Ahmad shah abdali. I googled them and i find out that general ashfaq pervez kiani is a ghakkar.

I was watching najam sethi and he was saying that "kum punjabio ney hamaisha chartay suraj ki pooja ki he". Its true, punjabis never offered any resistance after being conquered. I was reading babur-nama, the only people offering him resistance in Punjab were pashtuns/afghans settled there who were ruling Punjab that time. When ranjeet singh was conquering muslim areas of Punjab, only pathans of kasur and durranis of multan proved themeselves formidable enemies for him. When british was "charta suraj", they were the only people who sided with them in 1857 war against their fellow hindustanis. In return for their services, punjabis were gifted with "martial race" title and they were heavily recruited in army. Now "charta suraj" is Pakistan, they are ready to give up every thing for Pakistan, langauge ,culture etc..punjabis are experiencing power in true sense for the first time in history. 85% army is punjabi who are true rulers of pakistan, 70% beaurocracy is punjabi, 70% judiciary is punjabi, 60% of parliment is punjabi.

My tribe is not considered "martial" for rebelling against the Britsh.

In a letter to his mother, Alexander described his encounters with these trans-Indus tribes of Punjab: "I am involved in the land of a leonine and brave people, where every foot of the ground is like a well of steel, confronting my soldier. You have brought only one son into the world, but everyone in this land can be called an Alexander

It was actually said about people of present day Afghanistan. Dont murder history. He was engaged in gueralla warfare by ancient Afghans for years in mountains.

My tribe is not considered "martial" for rebelling against the Britsh.

When afridis and some other tribes in british army refused to fight against turks, they were also stripped of martial race title lol

I don't get why Punjabis are made out to be timid and spineless.

About 4 years ago, my village(mostly cousins and such) got into huge fight with Gujjars from the main road(vasti/Yazman road).

My cousin Farhan just got out of jail for stabbing two to death.

I don't get why Punjabis are made out to be timid and spineless.

About 4 years ago, my village(mostly cousins and such) got into huge fight with Gujjars from the main road(vasti/Yazman road).

My cousin Farhan just got out of jail for stabbing two to death.

what made you tell that punjabis where timid and spineless?

what made you tell that punjabis where timid and spineless?

I didn't tell anything.

I asked why certain preconceptions are made about Punjabis.

The only reason Indian army has any balls is because of Punjabis.

Likewise I hear crap regarding to how Pakistan army is 95 percent Punjabi here on PDF.

So which one is it?

I didn't tell anything.

I asked why certain preconceptions are made about Punjabis.

The only reason Indian army has any balls is because of Punjabis.

Likewise I hear crap regarding to how Pakistan army is 95 percent Punjabi here on PDF.

So which one is it?

Then i must have misunderstood you,my bad and I am sorry bro.

For the 95% Pak Army is Punjabi theory, I have never heard that, neither do i believe it. And yes,its crap.

Wrong!!! Alexander wrote that letter to his mother when in Afghanistan, NOT punjab. This fact is agreed upon by every historian. Nice try, but epic failure on your part.

“I am involved in the land of brave people where every foot of the ground is like a wall of steel, confronting my soldiers. You have brought one son into the world, but everyone in this land can be called an Alexander.”
Returning to Afghanistan | Counterfire

The Pashtuns of Afghanistan - Alexander the Great also got in trouble here - NYTimes.com

The Claremont Institute - Alexander in Afghanistan

Alexander spent more time conquering Afghanistan than he did conquering the entire Persian empire (the only military rival of Greece at the time). After Porus, Alexander did not face anymore significant resistance in what is now modern day Punjab. Meanwhile in Afghanistan his troops had to deal with revolt after revolt every other day and ambushes in valleys cost him many troops.

Punjabis only proved to be good mercs, especially for the british in their wars against and finally suppression of the people of the sub-continent and later in wars against the Central Powers and Axis powers in WW1 and WW2. And thus, for being good mercenary soldiers, the british gave them the title of "martial race".

Though, there is nothing special in the title of "martial race", nor were the punjabies the only ones to have received such a title from their british masters. The Bangalis too were once considered a "martial race" by the britishers, that is until they revolted against the british and thus lost this title for doing so.

Or why didn't the british give the title of "martial race" to the Afghans, the same Afghans who slaughtered a 16,500 strong british army in the mountains of Afghanistan? The same Afghans who defeated britishers in all three Anglo-Afghan wars?

Not a surprise that they gave the title of "martial race" to those whom they easily subjugated, but not to those who handed them their rear ends not once, not twice, but thrice.

'May God deliver us from the venom of the Cobra, teeth of the tiger, and the vengeance of the Afghan'.

non punjabis in pakistan hate punjabis because they are better than rest.
Better than rest in serving the interests of foreign powers, namely the british and their successors, in the region.

who was raja porus who defeated alexander.
He never defeated the Greeks. He surrendered to Alexander. You really need to check your historically incorrect facts.

we made wear afghans wear shalwar kamig.
Afghans always wore Shalwar Kameez due to Afghanistan's close proximity to Iran (Persia) and its cultural influence. Shalwar Kameez is a Persian dress.

half of afghanistan in pakistan because of punjabis.
Half of Kashmir in Pakistan because of Pashtuns.

BTW, this isn't even 25% of Afghanistan of Ahmed Shah Durrani, so what "half" are you talking about:

586px-Sikh_Empire.JPG

Durrani empire at its height:

Afgempdur.jpg

punjabis of pakistan have changed a lot but that doest mean we are pushovers
Not really, they still serve foreign interests in the region like good mercenaries.

punjabis if in army are better soldiers.( number of victoria crosses and param vir chakra awarded to us shows that).

You mean "punjabis if in british/foreign army are better soldiers". Seems like the pride of serving a foreign master is still as strong as it was on day one.

we are better enterpreneurs , we are better farmers, we are better actors, we are big hearted and better looking

By the sound of that, Lahore and Amritsar must rival Dubai and Tokyo.

many rulers of afghanistan like ahmed shah were actually born in punjab. gal karday ya
That is disputed amongst many scholars.

Wrong!!! Alexander wrote that letter to his mother when in Afghanistan, NOT punjab. This fact is agreed upon by every historian. Nice try, but epic failure on your part.

Returning to Afghanistan | Counterfire

The Pashtuns of Afghanistan - Alexander the Great also got in trouble here - NYTimes.com

The Claremont Institute - Alexander in Afghanistan

Alexander spent more time conquering Afghanistan than he did conquering the entire Persian empire (the only military rival of Greece at the time). After Porus, Alexander did not face anymore significant resistance in what is now modern day Punjab. Meanwhile in Afghanistan his troops had to deal with revolt after revolt every other day and ambushes in valleys cost him many troops.

Punjabis only proved to be good mercs, especially for the british in their wars against and finally suppression of the people of the sub-continent and later in wars against the Central Powers and Axis powers in WW1 and WW2. And thus, for being good mercenary soldiers, the british gave them the title of "martial race".

Though, there is nothing special in the title of "martial race", nor were the punjabies the only ones to have received such a title from their british masters. The Bangalis too were once considered a "martial race" by the britishers, that is until they revolted against the british and thus lost this title for doing so.

Or why didn't the british give the title of "martial race" to the Afghans, the same Afghans who slaughtered a 16,500 strong british army in the mountains of Afghanistan? The same Afghans who defeated britishers in all three Anglo-Afghan wars?

Not a surprise that they gave the title of "martial race" to those whom they easily subjugated, but not to those who handed them their rear ends not once, not twice, but thrice.

'May God deliver us from the venom of the Cobra, teeth of the tiger, and the vengeance of the Afghan'.

Didn't British recruit Pashtuns in army for the military action in FATA against other Pashtuns.

non punjabis in pakistan hate punjabis because they are better than rest..same in india we are hated because we feel superior. if punjabis are non martial and have no history then howcome we are so much in army and better athletes than rest. in most of national games in india take a look at which state has highest number of medals. who was raja porus who defeated alexander. ranjit singh, hari singh nalwa. we made wear afghans wear shalwar kamig. half of afghanistan in pakistan because of punjabis. punjabis of pakistan have changed a lot but that doest mean we are pushovers

punjabis if in army are better soldiers.( number of victoria crosses and param vir chakra awarded to us shows that). we are better enterpreneurs , we are better farmers, we are better actors, we are big hearted and better looking

many rulers of afghanistan like ahmed shah were actually born in punjab. gal karday ya

This thread is talking about Punjabi muslims, not Sikhs and Hindus. Padh to liya kar yaar pehle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom