What's new

Best State in India and Pakistan?

When I said appeasement, I meant the Sah Banu case which opened the Pandora's box.

Exactly..you have given a good example yourself....did the Congress appeasement of Mullahs affect the Muslim women only ? No..far from it..it opened the box of Hindu backlash which forced RG to open the locks of Ayodhya and things have gone progressively down from that. Again I say there is nothing like "It does not affect me" in India. Everyone, every community is interlinked and bluntly put it can be considered a zero sum game.

I don't think Congress is responsible for the recent protests and it has nothing to do with any kind of appeasement.

Actually appeasement has something to do with it. The ring leaders know very well that few of the bottom rung will be taken and they will not be touched for political expediencies. Leave the AJJ desecrators...round up the Raza Academy people and make an example out of them...catch the mulla who made provocative speech that day and make an example out of him. Lets then see if somebody has the guts to indulge in violence from next time on.

Things have become so bad in India that now an elected MP can stand in the well of the parliament and openly threatens terrorism and radicalization if the the Govt dares sends back the illegal migrants from Assam and no one even cares as much to criticize it.

I'd start worrying about Deobandis when they become a threat to me. For now they are pretty confined inside their realms and I believe heavily monitored and regulated.

What do you mean by "me" dude ? Dont consider things like Mumbai, Lucknow, Ghaziabad etc as a threat to you ? Are you a separate moving republic like Arundati Roy describes herself ? If you dont care about something until it happens to you why should things that happen in Gujarat or somewhere else except in your home bother you ? I dont understand what you are trying to say by "until it is a threat to me". Isnt a threat to India a threat to you ? I'm reminded of this saying "they came for the Jews and I did not......" when I hear you say "I'd start worrying when they come for me".

Anyway all in good time Abir...I have seen plenty who initially swore by what you just said, but have had a change of heart with each passing event.

What I mean to say is that what Congress does to Muslims, for example Shah Bano case or recent episode of Salman Rushdie; BJP does to Hindus. Same appeasement policy is also followed by BJP, only in they bow out to Hindu version of Deobandis.

So it's natural for me to consider BJP as more of a threat than Congress.

Gotta go now, more later.

State of Hunza, Gilgit Baltistan Pakistan Where Heaven Meets Earth :pakistan:

1348683234_441677553_13-Hunza-Adventure-Leaders-.jpg

282352_10150891068968059_1255214263_n.jpg

My home town is kahuta which is surrounding by green hills and azad kashmir is in our neighbour and i love these buses operate from rawalpindi to kashmir/kahuta :D I used to travel on their roof when i was very young :P

Pakistan-Babusar_Pass-Customised_buses_and_trucks_in_Pakistan-Transport_in_Pakistan-image.jpg

isnt it Kaghan valley ?? :p

What I mean to say is that what Congress does to Muslims, for example Shah Bano case or recent episode of Salman Rushdie; BJP does to Hindus. Same appeasement policy is also followed by BJP, only in they bow out to Hindu version of Deobandis.

So it's natural for me to consider BJP as more of a threat than Congress.

Anyway you are coming back to square one. I dont even remotely get your logic of how "its natural for you to consider BJP as a threat" when the effects of the former type of appeasment is all over to see. The reason for BJP coming into political limelight is because of the Shah Bano case.

Regarding bolded part - no it doesnt. It is more of a uber-liberal, anglicized upper class rhetoric and not grounded in reality. Its just an excuse to not support the BJP. Sorry for the generalization, but that is what it is. People who are disconnected from the dirty reality going on and refuse to come to terms with it and try to escape from it by saying "Ok this does not affect me, for now, so I will not........."

In India, Uttarakhand, Maharastra, Ladakh

In Pakistan would love to see karokoaram highway and Gilgit Baltistan

Dont miss Kaghan Valley too cz it also connects with Gilgit Baltistan and babusar Pass Which Connects kaghan valley to gilgit Baltistan region you can clearly See huge diversity one side is lush green and one side is full of dry mountains of Chillas :D

When I said bowing out to Deobandis, I meant the Sah Banu case which opened the Pandora's box.

I don't think Congress is responsible for the recent protests and it has nothing to do with any kind of appeasement. Those who were caught vandalising have been punished where's the question of appeasement? Are you accusing NDA govt of Bihar? Do you call it Congress appeasement when Tamils attack Lankan pilgrims because Sinhali war crimes on Lankan Tamils?

I'd start worrying about Deobandis when they become a threat to me. For now they are pretty confined inside their realms and I believe heavily monitored and regulated.

Sorry mate - I have a different view - I am religiously agnostic as you are if not more and I do not hate other religious people(and I can safely say I do not even hate Pakistanis or Chinese) . Shah Bano opened up a Pandora's box - agreed. But the most recent protests are not upto my taste though Congress is not the issue.

You might qualify it as done by some miscreants but here is how I see it - the ability of a single religiously fundamentalist mullah to convert a crowd into a mob on a friday which makes it very dangerous as seen in UP riots or Gujarati riots(Himmatnagar) or Chennai U.S consulate attacks or Kolkatta U.S consulate protests. This very kind of organization frightens me and for what cause? none of the recent incidents have got to do with hindu majority or India - when Indian muslims even if there are few start to identify themselves with their brethren outside of the country, it is time to wake up and take notice. For a right wing hindu party to organize these kinds of protests or perpetuate vandalism, it takes days to plan. That is the difference here.

And the inaction of Congress or SP or other pseudosecularist parties against these kinds is what worries me or these parties pandering to the fundamentalists(e.g Digvijay wanting enquiry against Batla encounter or calling Osamaji)

Congress vs BJP - no brainer - each have minorities blood in their hands. So for me to decide, I just need to look into the thinking of Indian minorities like Vsdoc or Tshering and I know what I need to do. At the end of the day I will go by a Lyndon Johnson quote - "They may be bastards, but they're our bastards."

Define 'Best state'??

If it's natural beauty then nothing can beat Indian states of Kahsmir/Himachal Pradesh/Sikkim and Kerala, although for every Indian or even Pakistani for that matter their state/home is best.

Define 'Best state'??

If it's natural beauty then nothing can beat Indian states of Kahsmir/Himachal Pradesh/Sikkim and Kerala, although for every Indian or even Pakistani for that matter their state/home is best.

As for me, it is a very subjective one as I have my own views on what qualifies to be a best state which may not be applicable to others.

As for me, it is a very subjective one as I have my own views on what qualifies to be a best state which may not be applicable to others.

Exactly! For me best state is safety of women and children, crime rate, progress, development, employment, life style and living standard. Which from my point of view is Gujarat

For most of the people on here, Best state means Snow cap mountains, jungles, deserts, rivers? which is Kashmir/Sikkim/Kerala? :)

Exactly! For me best state is safety of women and children, crime rate, progress, development, employment, life style and living standard. Which from my point of view is Gujarat

For most of the people on here, Best state means Snow cap mountains, jungles, deserts, rivers? which is Kashmir/Sikkim/Kerala? :)

For me, it is the best of two - when I come to India to retire and die peacefully - I want a state which is both safe and endowed with sunny beaches. And if my daughter(who will be more of an American and I doubt she will come to India to live) visits me, I want her to feel comfortable and not make changes to the way she dresses or behaves - in short a state which is less conservative. And that state would be Goa.

OMG...so many posts to decide.

Let me help you guys with a hint...The best state is for which Indian and Pakistan have fought 4 wars and continue to fight even after loosing so many of its citizens...:azn:

Problem solved....:whistle::whistle:

OMG...so many posts to decide.

Let me help you guys with a hint...The best state is for which Indian and Pakistan have fought 4 wars and continue to fight even after loosing so many of its citizens...:azn:

Problem solved....:whistle::whistle:

Kashmir is not the best state for living. Yes, it is good for visiting.
A large part of the state is too cold in winter and life is hell.
Kashmir has natural beauty but so has himachal pradesh, uttarakhand, NE states and kerala.

Kashmir is not the best state for living. Yes, it is good for visiting.
A large part of the state is too cold in winter and life is hell.
Kashmir has natural beauty but so has himachal pradesh, uttarakhand, NE states and kerala.

Well i am no supporter of the Shah Jahan's views on Kashmir as paradise on earth but it is better than Himachal,Uttarakhand and Kerala for sure.

North-East is special and i loved all the time i spent there and i am among those few Indian who have visited all 7 N-E states.

Back
Top Bottom