What's new

Musharraf 're-arrested' over Lal Masjid operation.

That's precisely why I stated that they should have used nerve gas. All mission objectives could have been accomplished without any visible side affects. Clean up crews could have gone in with body bags, and packaged them nicely.

Furthermore, it's my firm belief that Pakistani qaum only understand "danday kee zabban", they have been corrupted so much that they actually feel that any law that does not suite them, they have some sort of Islamic right to break it.

Pakistani's are not ready for democracy, just like the Arabs, no matter how much we may like to kid ourselves. Different arguments such as we haven't been given the opportunity et al, mean zilch. There is a marked difference between attitude of civilized races and sheep herders, unfortunately no matter how much we may wish that we belong to the former, we, in-fact, belong to the latter group. Therefore, a democratic system in it's present form, shall never be applicable to our people.

My take, only "intelligent" way to deal would be stick and carrot approach. After all, we are worse than animals.

Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth.

Abraham Lincoln

Democracy cannot flourish, until democratic norms are not fulfilled. Essence of democratic norms is a government of the people, for the people. It clearly implies people are core of democracy. It is not simple number of votes which matters, but the want of people. It is the true representation of people not political parties. Yes over the period of time political parties will emerge, where people will come and go, but no one retains the kinship or right to rule. When a set of people are in power, other schools of thought are critique and vanguard of accountability. Until family, community & criminal mafias are in the forerunners of democracy, there will not be any democracy. Pakistan cannot work successfully until behind the screen public servants ensure implementation of law. Politicians rise from galis and muhallas rather than Raiwind, Bilawal House, Kangri House and 90.

Ayub and Mush had the chance to give such system, but went astray. And power went back to opportunists. First thing they did was to ensure incompetence at all levels of legislature. Allowed uneducated to device laws for this country and what law did they pass? Life time benefits for those who take the seats in senate and assemblies. Unlimited opportunities to take the top public offices. This nation needs a much more strong hand, who does not digress from original plan and ensures that before next transition to political government is done, all the trash is not thrown out but incinerated.

Better to have a scandal then to have the enemy perform the last rights for your jawaans. :tup:

Musharraf proved himself to be a sub-par military strategist but an able administrator. His handling of affairs in the geopolitical and military arena were found to be wanting, his ability to handle the TTP was on the other hand unparalleled and unmatched by the likes of Zardari and Nawaz. That's all there is to it.

Not to mention his handling of the Lal masjid affair was far better than what Zardari and co. would have done, he took a harsh but necessary decision knowing full well the amount of acrimony it would earn him.

i will nt answer the frist line, bt jst check what was that scandle was?
i mean george fernendis, importing cofin wood for the dead indian soliders, just because the number of dead soilders , were so, high that cofin wood in india was finished?
but , as you hve said that, his handling of the terrorism was up to the standerds !
even in thw case of LAL MASJID!

Democracy cannot flourish, until democratic norms are not fulfilled. Essence of democratic norms is a government of the people, for the people. It clearly implies people are core of democracy. It is not simple number of votes which matters, but the want of people. It is the true representation of people not political parties. Yes over the period of time political parties will emerge, where people will come and go, but no one retains the kinship or right to rule. When a set of people are in power, other schools of thought are critique and vanguard of accountability. Until family, community & criminal mafias are in the forerunners of democracy, there will not be any democracy. Pakistan cannot work successfully until behind the screen public servants ensure implementation of law. Politicians rise from galis and muhallas rather than Raiwind, Bilawal House, Kangri House and 90.

Ayub and Mush had the chance to give such system, but went astray. And power went back to opportunists. First thing they did was to ensure incompetence at all levels of legislature. Allowed uneducated to device laws for this country and what law did they pass? Life time benefits for those who take the seats in senate and assemblies. Unlimited opportunities to take the top public offices. This nation needs a much more strong hand, who does not digress from original plan and ensures that before next transition to political government is done, all the trash is not thrown out but incinerated.

agreed 1000000%!

i will nt answer the frist line, bt jst check what was that scandle was?
i mean george fernendis, importing cofin wood for the dead indian soliders, just because the number of dead soilders , were so, high that cofin wood in india was finished?
but , as you hve said that, his handling of the terrorism was up to the standerds !
even in thw case of LAL MASJID!

"Coffin wood in India was finished", dealing with a congenital defect perhaps. It seems that it is you who needs to read up on the scandal.

You are obdurate on your stand that he made no mistake, all the more power to you. But for every right move he made he also stepped into chasms which have gobbled up so much of Pakistan's future that it is hard to imagine.

cf48876a038f9ce2d2b9094eb0dd8eac.jpg

"Coffin wood in India was finished", dealing with a congenital defect perhaps. It seems that it is you who needs to read up on the scandal.

You are obdurate on your stand that he made no mistake, all the more power to you. But for every right move he made he also stepped into chasms which have gobbled up so much of Pakistan's future that it is hard to imagine.
just be on topic,
i m not really intersted in indian crouption, but that incident shows the losses of indian army?
http:// http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/1703495.stm
well i like the way, indian army delt with kassab chapter!

just be on topic,
i m not really intersted in indian crouption, but that incident shows the losses of indian army?
http:// http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/1703495.stm
well i like the way, indian army delt with kassab chapter!

Link not working. I wonder how the 500 casckets procured from Buitron and Baiza indicate higher casualties than those reported, it was the cost of said caskets was said to have been artificially inflated and therein lay the alleged scam. Hopefully you will be able to comprehend that. The NSG is not the Indian Army, neither are the MARCOS nor the Mumbai Police- yet again we see ignorance bleeding forth from your posts.

The relevant point remains that Musharraf's strategic prowess was less than adequate but as a "strongman" he was capable of reigning in the extremist elements in Pakistan much better than his civilian counterparts.

Also, unless wood has become a component in aluminium production..you're refrain on the topic stands worthy of ridicule.

Democracy with an over zealous judiciary, corrupt legislature? No! That being said, martial law and generals are not the answer either. They are all businessmen, who don't give a **** about the country, I know many of them up close.

If you ask me for some magic bullet or some sort of a solution? I don't know of any.

yes sure sometimes, you dont just say! but what it is?
or you wana try, ZH theories?
anyway, you arent the supporter of damocrazy?

Link not working. I wonder how the 500 casckets procured from Buitron and Baiza indicate higher casualties than those reported, it was the cost of said caskets was said to have been artificially inflated and therein lay the alleged scam. Hopefully you will be able to comprehend that. The NSG is not the Indian Army, neither are the MARCOS nor the Mumbai Police- yet again we see ignorance bleeding forth from your posts.

The relevant point remains that Musharraf's strategic prowess was less than adequate but as a "strongman" he was capable of reigning in the extremist elements in Pakistan much better than his civilian counterparts.

Also, unless wood has become a component in aluminium production..you're refrain on the topic stands worthy of ridicule.
http:// news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/1703495.stm
hope it starts working?
you think he was guilty? was that scandle true?
gussmyou dont know a dam how, RAW does its jobs!
guss what, i jst trapped you out?
yes it wasnt was IA, thats why it took so long to respond, & so many lives lost?
sure if task in mumbai would hve given to IA, it would be far better, then hving mambo - jambo bollywood special units doing the lazy job?
in LAL MASJID case we went in with best, we hve & did the best ever posible job?

Democracy with an over zealous judiciary, corrupt legislature? No! That being said, martial law and generals are not the answer either. They are all businessmen, who don't give a **** about the country, I know many of them up close.

If you ask me for some magic bullet or some sort of a solution? I don't know of any.
simple, surrender to TTP & its supportive politicians, ending up again like occupied IRAQ or afghanistan?
or get to hve a grand marshall revolutionized, militry rule with a rotation in comand, & a patriotic civilian professinol commite to run it?
make your choice, or accept mullha fazal ullha ,s drity feet, to let him become the frist AMIR of TALBANISTAN. where LAL MASJID will be frist chapter in the book of islamic deeds?
choice is yours !

I never said martial-law was the way either! :devil:

My dear what is the other way to get the things right? Without strict implementation of 62 &63 or a half hearted implementation like present one, will only create more chaos. Martial Law also does not guarantee of setting everything right, but at least number of VVIPs and beneficiaries are much less in number. One thing is certain, decisions are taken on the basis of national interest and not personal or business interest.
I also feel that the country should be democratically run, the way it is in USA or UK (not like asian countries) but these immature politicians are not growing up. And believe me, even if you give them another 100 years they will not grow up. Tell me what would we do if we do not have money, we cut down our expense. On the other hand this idiot engaged a room approximately PKR800,000 a night when he went for UN meeting.
These things just cause frustration and every time there is a take over, sweats are distributed. Things improve for common man and someone starts singing democrazy song. Brain wash people and within few months people get fed up of these politicians.

Only other way out is a civil movement against corruption. But that would end up in martial law again, with huge amount of destruction and loss. So isn't it better that only those feel the pinch who are pinching the nation. People are saved from the adverse effect, especially in a country like ours. Where a civil disturbance results in unimaginable events and circumstances. What all happened did not happen on 27th Dec when BB was assassinated. Rape, Robbery, arson, burning people alive, ATM break, shops looting, etc etc. So its better that whatever has to happen it should remain confined to the power corridors. Rest assure something is going to happen soon, I pray it is not the civil movement. It would be worst then fighting a war and losing it.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom