What's new

No Pakistani TV channels in India

Well, here you have the right answer that why Pakistani channels are banned in whole India.

Its bcause of Kashmir issue is being disscuss on Pakistani channels that Indian Goernment don`t want to let its nation aware by Indian Army Terror in Kashmir.

Now don`t say it troll or flaming. Because you Indians are after answer isn`t?

Kashmir issue ???? :hitwall:

you know what my friend..you have successfully twisted the direction of the thread to an off topic discussion..congrats !

Reason: GoI.

I don't agree with demand. I still remember of an Indian friend of mine who knew better than me about Shama and Waris. (Plays of PTV)

The solution is simple, Pakistan Govt. should allow Indian channels in Pakistan on the condition that India allows Pakistani Channels there.

The quality of Pakistani dramas are not down to dust but I recently have started appreciating the effort of people like Humayun Qureshi who along with another man (I am forgetting his name) has given a good number of quality plays.

Not all is well with Pakistani Channels, indeed. We have no Awards Shows. And those few which we have are isolated, confined to a single or two channels. Secondly, our TV Channels broadcast frequently movies and Award shows of India. In this case I don't think an Indian will watch Pakistani TV (Entertainment) channel to view the same thing he has seen many a times. Many Pakistani channels show dramas that are old Indian hits, even some programs for children.

Now coming to News Channels. Pakistan in past 5 years has seen a major change in the quality and quantity of the news channels, a credit to Musharraf Govt. Media, specially electronic media, has become an important part of the scenario of Pakistan in every field most importantly politics. I bet Pakistani news channels can be compared with confidence with Indian channels.

Suggestion: My suggestion would be to launch at initial level an entertainment channel, a joing venture of parties belonging to both Pakistan and India. Both govts. should allow it and this will give a number of viewers to Pakistani programs. The quality, I am sure, will attract more and more Indian viewers towards Pakistani programs and other channels can have access to Indian TVs.

Important and vital role is to be played by GoI.

KIT Over

absoloutely..i agree with that.:agree:

BTW even Indian news channels invite Pakistani experts and journalist eithr over the phone or through video conferencing for a neutral discussion on Indo-Pak topics....and I am sure you did not know this the way I did not know that Pakistani channels do the same..our point is proved buddy..:cheers:

Lol i just laughed at the highlighted part......ur media is nothing moe then a bunch of anti Pakistan hawks who force there views and sound pretty darn frustrated while doing so...........Here is an example.......see how hes talking bloody a-hole:
I can even show u videos from ur National T.V most widely watched in ur country bashing Pakistan without any proof etc etc.
About ur 2nd question yes indian journalists and politicians are connected through phone,video confrencing etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kashmir issue ???? :hitwall:

you know what my friend..you have successfully twisted the direction of the thread to an off topic discussion..congrats !

Sardar Jee,
Vaishakhi is not yet now and you start its celibration already . .

Well, think more than twice b4 you Indian ask some questions that may brings answer in reality.

Keep that in mind.!!!

when I use to visit punjab during 1988-1993 days, Jalandhar and beyond PTV was easily accessible, those days PTV had better programmes compared to Doordarshan but I think PTV is no more accessible since PTV atleast those days openly used its network for anti-India propaganda wrt to Kashmir and Punjab.

Why Pakistani channels are not shown in India

He said the channels have not registered themselves with the authorities.

Information and Broadcasting Minister P R Dasmunsi said: "We have one simple rule, that any foreign channel has to register itself in India before being telecast. They did not register at all. We gave them enough time."

None of the Pakistani channels -- state-run PTV, ARY, Geo and QTV -- registered themselves with the Information and Broadcasting Ministry, he said.

Dasmunsi's clarification came in the wake of a complaint by visiting Pakistani Information Minister Tariq Azim, who said Indian cable operators were not showing any Pakistani channel while Pakistani cable operators showed most of the Indian channels.

Azim said even the hotel where all Pakistani officials and diplomats preferred to stay did not show a single Pakistani channel.

He urged India to allow the telecast of Pakistani channels that he felt could be a learning experience for Indians about life on the other side of the border.

A senior official in the information and broadcasting ministry said every foreign channel has to follow India's down linking and up linking guidelines and register itself.

"We gave them six months till May 2006, after the guidelines were issued in December 2005. It was further extended by six months. But they did not apply," he said.

There is no demand for Pakistani channels in India. Although I remember seeing PTV when flipping through channels sometime ago in india

That would be far from truth....Pakistan Sops are very much appreciated in India(atleast North India) and there is huge demand for it...When i was a child i used to watch their shows(in my opinion far better than Sas Bahu crap that is there on Indian channels)...then Commedy Shows(Budha Ghar par Hia and series like this used to make us cry while laughing)...In short their music; soaps are very famous here the way our films are popular there...

I was not aware that PAK channels are banned in India...If this is true than i believe ban should immediately be lifted

when I use to visit punjab during 1988-1993 days, Jalandhar and beyond PTV was easily accessible, those days PTV had better programmes compared to Doordarshan but I think PTV is no more accessible since PTV atleast those days openly used its network for anti-India propaganda wrt to Kashmir and Punjab.

Here in Norway we have "Zee TV" Aaj Tak" "STAR NEWS"

All the time propaganda against Pakistan and against Pakistani`s.
Even family members cannot believe that Indian are so jellous or hate Pakistan that way. :disagree::disagree::disagree:

Leave aside the GOI rules regarding telecast there are couple of more reasons
(1) barring part of north india a major part of the country would not understand urdu, punjabi or other languages, so even though the audiance are there it would needed that the programs woild have to have subtitles at least in english.
(2) Most of the channels that play news and such stuff would be of less use as there are enough news channels in india and has same quality of news stuff.

However, i used to watch Bakra Kishton Pay drama way back in 80's when my dad was posted close to indo pak border and on clear day we used to get good picture quality. Also Jaidi ke mehmaan was on of my favourite radio programme those days. I donot know how many of you have watched/heard these two. Lot of the members here would not have been born at that time i presume.....

Pakistani channels are really awesome, even for a guy like me who prefers western stuff. I still am bowled over by the level of talent and expertise shown when dealing with different mediums.

Trust me, if the channels were allowed then half of our troubles might just disappear in a matter of months. They are also very different from one another and it would be good for many indians to know about our lifestyle and culture so any misconceptions they have are removed.

Here in Norway we have "Zee TV" Aaj Tak" "STAR NEWS"

All the time propaganda against Pakistan and against Pakistani`s.
Even family members cannot accept that Indian are so jellous or hate Pakistan that way. :disagree::disagree::disagree:

i totally disagree with u - ppl in india dont hate pakistani's - that is too huge a statement...we hate what happens via pakistan...and that has nothing to do with the land...even if it was srilanka or australia i think the sentiments would be the same...it is not all of the population of pak that bothers people here it is probably the handful ones...

Congratulations.. All... This is formally now a India/Pakistan bashing thread :wave:

Lol i just laughed at the highlighted part......ur media is nothing moe then a bunch of anti Pakistan hawks who force there views and sound pretty darn frustrated while doing so...........Here is an example.......see how hes talking bloody a-hole:
YouTube - Indian Journalist VS Pakistani ambassador
YouTube - Pak rtrd general slaps stupid Indian journalist
I can even show u videos from ur National T.V most widely watched in ur country bashing Pakistan without any proof etc etc.
About ur 2nd question yes indian journalists and politicians are connected through phone,video confrencing etc.

:lol: Gosh that was funny....you knwo why it took me long to reply cause I was watching the entire video and could not stop laughing.
Dude that was absoloutely nothing wrong in what the journalist asked...and he was proving his points by the exact location in Pakistan..what was wrong in that ?? The second video was fabulous..that surely deserves a broadcast in India again...man the journalist is suppose to ask..thats his job,but that general was unstoppable in his off topic lecture..he did not even let the journalist ask a single question.....:lol:any more funny videos mate??:lol:

Brother in your opinion it was not a neutral discusion becasue Pakistan was being shown as guilty?think on that....now dont serach for videos like that..you'll get thousands.

Congratulations.. All... This is formally now a India/Pakistan bashing thread :wave:

yeah and i was the one to start it with a note of request - lets be logical in the discussion...but that is what i hear abt this forum...even if we are talking abt fish in the water ...ultimately this is what it comes down to here...chuck it i am leaving...

Back
Top Bottom