What's new

Osama Dead. Obama Confirms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
we were in on the raid with the u.s. the military barracks within walking distance from bin laden compound houses the most well trained soliders in Pakistan who can be ready for deployment in 15 minutes or less. with a 40 minute firefight, helo crash, so much rucks that even the guy who was tweeting this whole event unfold was miles away on the mountains.. what do you think the soliders were doing? were they not giving a sh*t and banging your sister or were they given orders to stand-down? use that pea size brain of your and think you naive indien.

Your soldiers were friggen sleeping while we raided the mansion that you guys probably built for him :lol: You guys did JACK are you friggen kidding me?!

You better watch your mouth , my sister is 5 years old you damn pervert

wtf cuss words are not allowed on this forum or something? what kind of military forum doesn't allow cuss words?!!!

No way man.

Come on, you want US Navy Seals to raid my home too.

I am completely innocent, I did not touch anyone.

Question is- What were you doing there courier :D-

Careful what you write.

If it was under the nose of the Pakistan military for 5years or more and the Pakistani Army/ intelligence did not know, then it smacks of complicity. Is that what you wish to convey?

no need to be stupid. anyone with a brain would realize he didn't "reside there for 5 straight years" He was there every now and then nobody knew when and who lived there as he was constantly on the move like Libyan leader Ghadfi and Saddam hussein.

It also means that the military kept the civilian democratically elected Govt (the face of Pakistan) out of the loop. Now, that does not speak well of how Pakistan is democratically governed..

why don't you focus on your more than half a billion indiens who live under the poverty line and do not have toilets essentially living like animals instead of focusing on our government. [/QUOTE]

I am sure there is some method in this issue and therefore, to justify one issue, don't do down the entity called democratic Pakistan.

its beyond me how people with no brains can get elevated status on a defence forums. really the stupidity by members is astounding.

What is so hostile about pointing out the absurdity of an argument based on the fact that the house was 'suspicious because it was larger in size than its neighbors'?

'Know who's who', by the local police, yes, by the ISI in a peaceful military town, no. And the house wasn't registered in the name of OBl or Zawahiri now was it?

The house first came into attention not because of its size, but its was being used by the two couriers of OBL.

Then it was guess that since it was way bigger than normal house with 10th feet to 18 feet walls and had telephone or internet connection ...and the inhabitants ,the couriers had no known source of income , it was probably more than the living for the couriers alone.

But I think it's far fetched to say that Pakistan was harbouring him. The compound wasn't that safe to begin with and could easily be attacked if someone wanted. It's basically open for attack. They'd have got him some much more secure location.

This is exactly the problem. The Pakistani state is so fragmented that it could be argued that the Country/State was not harbouring him. Almost no one is accusing the civilian government of hiding Bin Laden, It is even conceivable that there may be an attempt to shield senior military officers, both of the army & the ISI specifically by offering them plausible deniability. The problem is that it might be a conscious decision not to know. There are too many things that stick out about this house. The most wanted man in the world isn't going to be making plans to build & stay in a house unless he is reasonably sure that he is going to live long enough to get there. Fair enough to surmise that he didn't build it. If others built on his behalf, it must be asked how they were so sure that it was a secure enough location for Bin Laden to move there especially with all the military presence around. His moving in there must also have been a reasonably discreet affair & fraught with danger if he was not convinced that he was safer here as compared to his previous location/s. So who convinced/made that decision that he was safe in this location & what gave them reason to be so convinced? How, when so many military establishments were being targetted in Pakistan by the Taliban did the army/ISI become so careless as to not verify the antecedents of those living close to a prestigious Pakistan Army academy which would have been considered a prime target for terrorists?

There are plenty of questions that need answering and as Lean Panetta told law makers - Either the Pakistanis knew or they were incompetent. Neither is a good place to be.
Washington (CNN) - CIA Director Leon Panetta told House members Tuesday that any way you look at it, Pakistan's role in Osama bin Laden's whereabouts was troubling.

According to two sources in a closed door briefing, Panetta told lawmakers "either they were involved or incompetent. Neither place is a good place to be."
Sources: Panetta to Congress – Pakistan either incompetent or involved – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

There is a reason why Afghan Taliban hasn't threatened Pakistan after the death of OBL , cause they know Pakistan didn't betray OBL and of course they themselves are living under the Pakistan's protection.

R.I.P.

No seriously rot in hell and get eaten by fishes and sharks in the ocean.

Now the question is did someone from the Pakistan State know of his where abouts.

Most people are not realizing that the ISI is probably the biggest winner in this incident, this was the US exit strategy from Afghanistan & they've started packing up already. If I were India, I'd be very worried. This could get very ugly for India in Afghanistan as well as Kashmir.

Bin Laden: Pakistan intelligence agency admits failures - BBC

The ISI official gave new details of the raid, saying Bin Laden's young daughter had said she saw her father shot.

He told the BBC's Owen Bennett-Jones in Islamabad that the compound in Abbottabad, just 100km (62 miles) from the capital, was raided when under construction in 2003.

It was believed an al-Qaeda operative, Abu Faraj al-Libi, was there.

But since then, "the compound was not on our radar, it is an embarrassment for the ISI", the official said. "We're good, but we're not God."

He added: "This one failure should not make us look totally incompetent. Look at our track record. For the last 10 years, we have captured Taliban and al-Qaeda in their hundreds - more than any other countries put together."

ISI caught lying through their teeth.
There was no compound to raid in 2003, as shown clearly below.

_52473298_compound_624_3-2.jpg

It is another stupid mistake by isi when they lied that the compound was raided in 2003(the building was not constructed then)..First caught with pants down,then caught lying about the previous raid..

I am warning you not to troll. If you disagree with an argument offer a logical rebuttal instead of a nonsensical 'hilarious, its denial' one liner.

Your subsequent lines did not address my arguments either.

And why is my comment a troll.. Am repeating it here again..

Seriously, the denial is almost hilarious now..

Forget everything about the accusations of complicity. The failure itself of allowing the most wanted terrorist of the world to live among the mansions of the senior and retired generals of the Fauj, yards away from the biggest military academy in Pakistan for an extended period of time is a huge embarrassment to Pakistanis in general and Army specifically. You can find 100 excuses to say why it was not possible to point Osama out but at the end of it, this is at best a colossal failure of Pakistan security establishment and at worst a betrayal of huge proportions. Next few days will tell where between these 2 extremes, the opinion of people who matter settles in

BTW there is a huge difference between denial and being in denial. Looks like you have mistook the 1st in my post for the 2nd.

Also whether it was easy or not to identify Osama's mansion, is it even possible to argue it was not a failure on part of Pakistan security services to allow that to happen.

Ever heard of 'renting' ....

OMG, the nonsense is just astounding.

First we have prejudice against people who build houses larger than their neighbors, and now prejudice against people who rent their homes.

And I got warned for using the word hilarious

btw, in Pakistan, do people rent out million dollar mansions without a background check??

Most people are not realizing that the ISI is probably the biggest winner in this incident, this was the US exit strategy from Afghanistan & they've started packing up already. If I were India, I'd be very worried. This could get very ugly for India in Afghanistan as well as Kashmir.

That is an interesting scenario that you have attempted to sketch. But that is not how the screenplay is being written out. First of all the American presence is not going to disappear or evaporate from Afghanistan. After all Nature (and USA) abhors a vacuum! The continuing US presence will be of a different nature, along with some other players. Don't forget that Russian interest in the area has not abated, likewise the CARs are interested too; after all it is their neighborhood. So new equations and adjustments are in the offing. There will be a Russia-NATO-US understanding to manage this. And then there is Iran: she has interests as well; how she will play her cards has to impact her neighbors, they will be impacted majorly. And if an Iranian role is tacitly accepted by Western interests, then .........

One result of the American exit strategy; will be the winding-down, even the end of the military and economic aid to Pakistan. When that happens; if I were Pakistan, I'd have to be concerned.
As for the impact on India, the concern level is far lower than it has ever been. Simply because India is economically and militarily far stronger than she has ever been in recent history. And hence has both muscle and means to tackle contingencies. Most of all if there is a surge in "non-state actor" activities (esp in Jammu and Kashmir), then India will have a freer hand to deal with it. Even world opinion will be neutral if not sympathetic, if one already reads "the winds"!

So it it still remains to be seen how the so-called "American Exit from Afghanistan" will really impact the neighborhood. And who will have to end up doing the worrying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom