What's new

PAF to induct 188 JF-17 aircrafts including 26 JF-17B & 50 JF-17 Blk3

What benefit is there to inducting the Bs other than as trainers? Will they act as dedicated jammer or strike platforms?
Two seat models are ideally suited for strike role in time of war. Second pilot managing target location and weapon guidance will share workload. As per rumors 2 seat Mirages did the guidance work for the H series weapons Surprise day also F-16B/Ds have been crucial in anti terror role against militants.

Sorry Bro, but with poor moderation, trolls and clueless kids run wild, so it's best for me no to comment,

Hope you understand.

Best Regards
Pm me. We can talk then.
A

When the obvious, is obvious, it is not so obvious.
I'm going to try to interpret this criptic message of Khafee; what he is perhaps saying is that the second LIFT, will allow pilots to keep up their airtime and training at minimal cost. Modern lifts can emulate a wide variety of aircraft.

This could extend the life of the expensive and dear platforms such as the F-16, JF-17 and Mirage.

Hi,

I very much doubt that the BLK B is for LIFT purposes primarily---.

Blk B will primarily be a strike platform---just like the F16 twin seaters---..

It is a superior platform to a regular LIFT aircraft & will primarily be used for targeting & attacking enemy assets with a different array of smart weapons---.

We might also see a slightly smaller version of the H4 glide weapon---designed just for the JF17---. If the aircraft does not have the clearance for the original H4---then a smaller thinner version will do the job very well.

2 different jet for LIFT ? why is that?
I have more or less given up on this forum, because of poor moderation. But your humility, @araz and others makes me feel guilty, so here it is:

LIFT a/c and JFT-B fulfill two different roles.

LIFT comes in after a pilot graduates from a prop a/c. It's primary role is to get pilots trained on fast jets, without the costs associated with them. That is its primary role, it's secondary role would be CAS, CAP etc

JFT-B's primary role will be as a Strike Aircraft, and secondary role as a training a/c for pilots transitioning to it.

The F16-B/D(MLU'd) /F all are anything but trainers, but highly evolved EW, strike a/c's, but do function as trainers as well. So JFT-B will be evolving along these similar lines as well.

Hi,

It is a superior platform to a regular LIFT aircraft & will primarily be used for targeting & attacking enemy assets with a different array of smart weapons---.

We might also see a slightly smaller version of the H4 glide weapon---designed just for the JF17---. If the aircraft does not have the clearance for the original H4---then a smaller thinner version will do the job very well.
I believe an advanced loitering SOW is in the works for JFT :whistle:

I have more or less given up on this forum, because of poor moderation. But your humility, @araz and others makes me feel guilty, so here it is:

LIFT comes in after a pilot graduates from a prop a/c. It's primary role is to get pilots trained on fast jets, without the costs associated with them. That is its primary role, it's secondary role would be CAS, CAP etc

JFT-B's primary role will be as a Strike Aircraft, and secondary role as a training a/c for pilots transitioning to it.

The F16-B/D(MLU'd) /F all are anything but trainers, but highly evolved EW, strike a/c's, but do function as trainers as well. So JFT-B will be evolving along these similar lines as well.

Your input is highly appreciated, keep up the good work

Thank you for your post. The only reason a lot of us have been recommending JF17B in LIFT role is the avoidance of multiple platforms with consequent expenses of infrastructure setup and procurement of platforms. Initial procurement cost of any new platform remain high due to these reasons. You have raised very valid points with regards to the way PAF wants to run with the Bs and consequently a reworked loitering SOW makes perfect sense.
Kind regards
A

Thank you for your post. The only reason a lot of us have been recommending JF17B in LIFT role is the avoidance of multiple platforms with consequent expenses of infrastructure setup and procurement of platforms. Initial procurement cost of any new platform remain high due to these reasons. You have raised very valid points with regards to the way PAF wants to run with the Bs and consequently a reworked loitering SOW makes perfect sense.
Kind regards
A
I agree with khafee , keeping the B seperate from LIFT would be better , even better in a scenario say if we do manage to get a interim fighter before 5th gen , then it would be better if we train pilots on dedicated lift craft instead of a JF17B

Hi,

They like you more than they like me---:enjoy:.

I personally believe that there is brighter future for the BLK B than what is being portrayed in the Paf and other associated air forces that would be buying this aircraft---.

Standoff weapons will spearhead the strike platforms of the world in the current format and the future---& it will not surprise me if the number of BLK B's are doubled or trippled in the coming years---or twin seat aircraft of similar capabilities are procured and inducted in the Paf---.

Hi,

They already did tested a SOW after 27 Feb

Back
Top Bottom