What's new

Pakistan might lose more water to India

this is the list of dams in jammu and kashmir...we are going ahead full steam..:tup:

MapofJammuandKashmirshowinglocation.jpg

If those does go on further, and Pakistan's water supply is dangerously short. I see perfectly fit for Pakistan to take decisive military action. It would be understandable for Pakistan to lay waste to what remains, perfectly justifiable.

So how war gonna help Pakistan. :lol: :lol: :lol:

i think all options are on the table for india too....that's why massive dam projects have started in jammu and kashmir.....especially after the 2002 attacks....

We will complete all the Dams because even Pakistan know that they are legal according to Indus Water Treaty. We need Hydroelectricity for our Economic development and we can't leave this potential to keep our neighbor happy.

No dude..this is wrong....Its fine that we have enmity with Pakistan over different set of issues....But we should never advocate to use water as a way to fight with anyone ...leave it aside with Pakistan...If we need to fight then we will fight in economy,politics,diplomacy and in battlefield....Water is always related to the people of a nation and its drastically inhuman approach....

And on top of that I believe that the purpose of building dam should be for hydroelectric purpose rather than stopping the shared quota of water for ordinary citizen of pakistan..

No dude..this is wrong....Its fine that we have enmity with Pakistan over different set of issues....But we should never advocate to use water as a way to fight with anyone ...leave it aside with Pakistan...If we need to fight then we will fight in economy,politics,diplomacy and in battlefield....Water is always related to the people of a nation and its drastically inhuman approach....

And on top of that I believe that the purpose of building dam should be for hydroelectric purpose rather than stopping the shared quota of water for ordinary citizen of pakistan..

riding moral high horses never brought benefit to anybody....

its not that the current dams are being used as a blackmail..no its not...the way world bank trashed the baglihar case proves india is not violating the indus water treaty...but with the advent of nuclear weapons and with pakistan's suicidal tendencies the chance of a conventional war has gone down...instead we should focus on asymmetrical approach to solve this issue..they inclde covert action inside pak, moral,diplomatic support to various nationalist groups and water....

only a fool would not make use of such an opportunity that god has given him...

We have right to build run of the river Dam which stores very little water. That's why World Bank put no objection over Baglihar Dam. Pakistan is not going to be starved and they agreed to this according to IWT.

Run-of-the-river hydroelectricity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I personally are against building hydro dams for ecological reasons, especially in Tibet/Kashmir. China is building a small scale Zangmu Dam (Run-of-the-river type) on Brahmaputra River after 20 years of discussion. Even officially it says any future proposals on Brahmaputra River could cause huge environmental impact, and concerns from neighboring countries. So hopefully that will be the only one. Most Tibetan herders use solar panels anyway.

Anyway, hope the current issue can be discussed and negotiated by experts on the table.

Thanks for the morning chuckle
biglaugh.gif
biglaugh.gif

on topic: Prepare the case and let's meet in ICA. We have resolved similar issue like adults before, no reason why we can't do it now.

its the most desirable option for both countries, most ideal. 45% of our economy is agrarian-based; we are not some industrialist/highly developed country as you are aware already.

to limit our water supplies would not be a neighborly thing to do

its the most desirable option for both countries, most ideal. 45% of our economy is agrarian-based; we are not some industrialist/highly developed country as you are aware already.

to limit our water supplies would not be a neighborly thing to do

exactly, and there are no plans to limit the water supply. the projects are run of the river with very limited local water storage. we are not diverting the flow.

I saw a PTV program on this topic which had a very logical debate between Indian and Pak experts. The main contention issue is how much local water storage is necessary for smooth operation. Since there is disagreement on this issue, we should take our cases to ICA and accept the outcome.

Let me repeat once more, there are no plans for diversion of water.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom