What's new

Winds of change here at PDF

Is it only me who finds it impossible to understand complete urdu paragraphs written in english -- 99.99% of the times I just ignore such posts

Not just urdu - some hindi paragraphs as well as it takes time for me to understand them. Sometimes I feel it stalls the flow of the discussions for someone like me.

Is it only me who finds it impossible to read complete urdu paragraphs written in english -- 99.99% of the times I just ignore such posts

haan jee ap sadar Bush ho urdu kahan say samjh aye gee

With so many Indians having multiple IDs coming again and again how do you expect winds of change?

The forum grew in numbers but it has also harmed it . Many good senior posters are gone.

The quality is not going in a downward spiral -- it has been stabilized --- just like the pavlov's tests , we give punishments as mods buts also we are giving chance of a reward 'tag' aswell --- this 2 prong strategy has made trolling far less --- give it some time and we will see positive results aswell

We as mods complained that we cant improve the discussion via moderation alone -- we can stop trolling but members have to jump in to improve the quality of discourse -- While giving the option of seniors cafe section , I purposely asked webby to keep it visible to all but restrict posting privileges ... something like the forbidden fruit ------ so, when members know their actions are appreciated, monitored etc they will perform better

As a mod/admin team we are completely in sync and we are also delegating the power to highly respectable members of the TT

The quality is not going in a downward spiral -- it has been stabilized --- just like the pavlov's tests , we give punishments as mods buts also we are giving chance of a reward 'tag' aswell --- this 2 prong strategy has made trolling far less --- give it some time and we will see positive results aswell

We as mods complained that we cant improve the discussion via moderation alone -- we can stop trolling but members have to jump in to improve the quality of discourse -- While giving the option of seniors cafe section , I purposely asked webby to keep it visible to all but restrict posting privileges ---- As a mod/admin team we are completely in sync and we are also delegating the power to highly respectable members of the TT -- so, when members know their actions are appreciated, monitored etc they will perform better

Power comes with responsibility. filtering good posters and restricting their section excluding fresh or rest of the members means quality discussion limited to only that section.

The common members are left to troll and drag the remaining good posters or to say potential good posters, to their level of abuse and rants.

There must be one section where members can copy past the bad/abusive/ trolling posts of other members along with thread URL so that Mods every day or whoever is online just check that section and take action

These j.TT members are not restricted to only 1 subforum .. they can post where ever they want-- however they have the freedom to post in a restricted section -- we have given them recognition

When you report a post, you automatically start a thread in a hidden moderators subforum -- giving us thread name, post number, poster id, reporter id etc --- that section is hidden to avoid utter chaos

I believe the members will act maturely .. after all , most of them have years of experience in 'foruming' and things wont get out of hand -- We have a very good TT team to set high standards for the young members

haan jee ap sadar Bush ho urdu kahan say samjh aye gee

With so many Indians having multiple IDs coming again and again how do you expect winds of change?

The forum grew in numbers but it has also harmed it . Many good senior posters are gone.

How about making me a Junior T.T., My post numbers are not very high but they are not bad in quality. Plus a little responsibility always brings out the best in me :azn:

These j.TT members are not restricted to only 1 subforum .. they can post where ever they want-- however they have the freedom to post in a restricted section -- we have given them recognition

when you report a post, you automatically start a thread in a hidden moderators subforum -- giving us thread name, post number, poster id, reporter id etc --- that section is hidden to avoid utter chaos

I believe the members will act maturely .. after all , most of them have years of experience in 'foruming' and things wont get out of hand -- We have a very good TT team to set high standards for they young members

i think we should receieve a notification if someone reports our post containing details like reporters name, threads name, post number, reason of reporting, time etc and we should be given a chance to justify our self before receiving infraction

i think we should receieve a notification if someone reports our post containing details like reporters name, threads name, post number, reason of reporting, time etc and we should be given a chance to justify our self before receiving infraction

The posts speak for themself, you dont need to justify the abusive language

you are funny :D

a sane good member like me between PDF troll

183990_521845097827209_1674697424_n.jpg

Sahi keh rahe yo bhai... iss sane member ke bal bhi aapki tarah safed ho gaye hain...:rofl:

Par ye Razpak bhai ko kya hua .. woh muje seedhe seedhe shabdon main garbage keh rahe hain...:cry:

Is it only me who finds it impossible to read complete urdu paragraphs written in english -- 99.99% of the times I just ignore such posts

Me too, it takes time to read and understand it. It should not be encouraged unless it is very necessary. :police:

Winds of change can be made more stronger by reporting trolls. It makes our job to deal with them much easier, than flicking through 100s of threads a day.:tup:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom