What's new

British Girl cleaning Garbage in India.

south asian lack of hygiene is world famous, I dont think we even clean our bodies properly. everybody calls us stinky/smelly. This is shame for all the 1.5 billion south asians

Sersiouly we need to learn so many things from other people

Speak for your self stinky.

I've been complimented over a dozen times for smelling good.

:lol:

well indians, especially south indians smell much worse then pakistanis, pakistanis to be honest dont smell that bad, we are just often always put together with indians, thats why people think we do

You are talking ****, as most Indians tend to do, the disgusting behavior comes from all Indians even the so called "elite educated" thinking nothing of throwing their garbage and crap everywhere, trust me we saw this first hand happen in front of us all over your country.

That is because there is no implementation of any law here.

The appreciable part about you countries is that you have a very strong implemented civil law that ensures people are in check.

However here there is no law or implementation of it even if one exists.

That's the reason why people go crazy here throwing things.

However, certain parts of India are very clean or relatively clean.

The smaller cities of north in the Himalayan belt are very clean; in urban north, Chandigarh a city is the cleanest because of stern implementation of laws.

The city of Ahmedabad in western Indian state of Gujarat is very clean.

Pune until recently had been also reasonably clean.

My city Gangtok is one of the cleanest in India; infact quite a few northeast Indian cities are reasonably cleaner than other parts of the country.

So due to no implementation of law, people do whatever they want.

The clean ones usually do it out of their own conscience and no civil law (unless it is the metro stations in Delhi and Bangalore).

There is very little to learn. Dont we clean our homes everyday ?

For public places, we need a ' danda' - things will fall into place. See what happens if you litter in Singapore.
I was having a cigarette sitting in a park on a hilltop in Nice, France, and stubbed the butt away in a corner stamping it under the mud so it wasn't visible. A video camera which I hadn't noticed, picked me up doing this. A policeman arrived within 5 minutes and I was fined 20 Euros (Rs 1200) on the spot!! Jeeez! Even though I had covered it! That sucked! But then that's what we require here in Bharat! The government would make thousands of crores in fines seeing the tons of bl00dy garbage strewn out here! :cheesy:

I am sorry but Indians do not love their country, to truly love your country you need to look after it, you need to keep it clean, like I said I have noticed Indians beating their chest and waving the flag pretending to love India, but that's not love. Just take a walk anywhere in India you will see the dirt, the *****, the **** and ****. Indians keep telling me how holy the Ganges river is, but yet it is the most polluted river in the world, and yet Indians keep saying how they love this river, that is not love when you have sewage, garbage and God only knows what else being flushed down there.

well indians, especially south indians smell much worse then pakistanis, pakistanis to be honest dont smell that bad, we are just often always put together with indians, thats why people think we do

Those who eat Beef smell worse than vegetarians, Chinese are even worse in this regard.

Don't disagree with your point that attitude of Delhi people is a problem.

But these facts you can't deny , Mumbai is dirtier , yes it is more densely populated but you can't say that Mumbai people have cleaner habits than Delhiites.

They actually do. For example, even from eateries in the small dhaba like hotels, one never falls ill in Mumbai even in rainy season while in Delhi, you get the proverbial Delhi belly quite easily.

Mumbaikars are much more systematic, organized and at least the urban class don't dirty the roads at the rate at which dilliwalas do.

I've been a dilliwala by residence and have noticed this many times on my travel to Mumbai, mate.

Nothing offensive or comparative but Delhiites could seriously improve their attitude.

My relatives during my student life, who'd visit from Sikkim, would be shocked everytime they came to Delhi about the mentality of people. Forget NE Indians, even people from your own northern cities like Chandigarh say that Delhiites are mannerless, have huge attitude problems and no sense of public cleanliness.

Secondly , when I said Delhiites are taking the problem seriously , I meant the protestors who were all Delhiites mostly not the police. Are you telling me those thousands of protestors were not Delhiites ?

They are. But it took such a horrific incident like that girl Nirbhaya's case to wake them up.

Even now, nothing significant is being done.

Btw, most lower level cops in Delhi are not from Delhi but from rural areas of neighbouring states.

So you're telling me that Mumbaikar cops are all Marathis? Many of them are not; but their attitude is much better than Delhi.

Rural Haryana or not, attitude should be according to a standard as a public service officer.

The vandal attitude in Delhi is a direct reflection of the pathetic Haryanavi nature that is present in Gurgaon and other adjoining areas.

They don't want to improve.

But the Delhi administration (not Sheila but the officers in charge under her) should take the initiative.

Delhi civil society is taking the rape problem much more seriously then any other city.

And what has it done to stop the assaults?

True this is a pan-India problem of rape crisis but in Delhi there is a big big problem and things will get worse if Delhiites don't change their mentality soon.

As the national capital, it is setting a very bad precedent.

Rape again in Mumbai: Four-year-old raped in school bus by cleaner

I didn't see any outrage in Mumbai after this ^^^ incident.

Also all the foreign women rapes happened in cities which are not Delhi including the Scarlett Keeling murder case which happened in Goa.

The latest Irish woman rape happened in Kolkata.

The recent Swiss woman rape case was in Madhya Pradesh.

The recent American woman gang rape was in Himachal Pradesh by 3 Nepalese truckers.

It is cases like those that give India a far worse name.

You also can't deny that Delhi gets special media attention which other cities don't get.

As I said, I agree with you that it is a pan-national problem. But Delhi is the nerve centre of the country's administration. Globally people expect some standards to be met including the denizens of Delhi themselves.

How can that be done until people reform?

Yes , there is an attitude problem in many Delhiites. I have to live with it everyday so I know.

But there is also a hidden complex that people have against Delhi. What else could be the reason that a thread that has nothing to do with Delhi turns to Delhi bashing for no reason.

I don't know man.

But trust me, most people who are not from Delhi, who visit the city, do complain about the city.

Infrastructure's progress is an obvious expected because of its status as the capital. That's not even worth discussing, mate.

I have heard a lot of this which is why I am telling you.

Complex may be there or may not be there that may be upto individual persons.

That we can say if someone comes from remote and under-developed areas like many smaller cities of UP, Silchar, Chhattisgarh etc.

But what about criticism from people living in equally or even better cities like Chandigarh, Mumbai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad etc?

They cannot have a complex.

I am talking purely in the terms of attitude overall as well as cleanliness in general. I also like the city man. Spent my childhood there.

Delhi is a good city by foundation but because of the wrong attitude of people, the city is getting a wrong name

They actually do. For example, even from eateries in the small dhaba like hotels, one never falls ill in Mumbai even in rainy season while in Delhi, you get the proverbial Delhi belly quite easily.

Mumbaikars are much more systematic, organized and at least the urban class don't dirty the roads at the rate at which dilliwalas do.

I've been a dilliwala by residence and have noticed this many times on my travel to Mumbai, mate.

Nothing offensive or comparative but Delhiites could seriously improve their attitude.

My relatives during my student life, who'd visit from Sikkim, would be shocked everytime they came to Delhi about the mentality of people. Forget NE Indians, even people from your own northern cities like Chandigarh say that Delhiites are mannerless, have huge attitude problems and no sense of public cleanliness.

They are. But it took such a horrific incident like that girl Nirbhaya's case to wake them up.

Even now, nothing significant is being done.

So you're telling me that Mumbaikar cops are all Marathis? Many of them are not; but their attitude is much better than Delhi.

Rural Haryana or not, attitude should be according to a standard as a public service officer.

The vandal attitude in Delhi is a direct reflection of the pathetic Haryanavi nature that is present in Gurgaon and other adjoining areas.

They don't want to improve.

But the Delhi administration (not Sheila but the officers in charge under her) should take the initiative.

And what has it done to stop the assaults?

True this is a pan-India problem of rape crisis but in Delhi there is a big big problem and things will get worse if Delhiites don't change their mentality soon.

As the national capital, it is setting a very bad precedent.

As I said, I agree with you that it is a pan-national problem. But Delhi is the nerve centre of the country's administration. Globally people expect some standards to be met including the denizens of Delhi themselves.

How can that be done until people reform?

I don't know man.

But trust me, most people who are not from Delhi, who visit the city, do complain about the city.

Infrastructure's progress is an obvious expected because of its status as the capital. That's not even worth discussing, mate.

I have heard a lot of this which is why I am telling you.

Complex may be there or may not be there that may be upto individual persons.

That we can say if someone comes from remote and under-developed areas like many smaller cities of UP, Silchar, Chhattisgarh etc.

But what about criticism from people living in equally or even better cities like Chandigarh, Mumbai, Bangalore, Ahmedabad etc?

They cannot have a complex.

I am talking purely in the terms of attitude overall as well as cleanliness in general. I also like the city man. Spent my childhood there.

Delhi is a good city by foundation but because of the wrong attitude of people, the city is getting a wrong name

I agree with most of the things that you say but don't agree with some. Won't go into the details since this thread is not about Delhi.

That was my point since the beginning . I find it amazing ,how many threads turn to Delhi bashing when the thread has nothing to do with rape or Delhi ? Indians at least on this forum don't leave an opportunity to do so and sometimes join hands with Pakistanis in ridiculing the city and its people.

People hold a grudge against Delhiites for various reasons that go far beyond the attitude of the people. That's been my experience.

Anyway ,this is a different discussion.

WRONG.

all rapes happen in north india or in hindi speaking areas. if any such thing happens in the south, probably a north indian is involved. the reasons for this vary from biological to cultural to historical

if it wasnt for south india, india's per capita rape statistic may rival that of pakistan, instead of being "average"

I hope you were joking.

Gang-rape ends career dream; traumatised student quits NLSIU - The New Indian Express

The wheels of the justice system are however turning, with Judge K B Sangannanavar at the Additional City Civil & Sessions Court beginning the trial against the six accused — Ramu, Doddairayya, Shivanna, Maddura, Yeleyayya and Irayya of Ramangaram and Mattaradodigudda on Wednesday, exactly six months after the incident. The trial of the juvenile also started at the Juvenile Justice Court on June 6.

Doddarayaa , shivanna and all these tongue twister names don't sound North Indian to me,

Anyway, yes more rapes happen in the North than the South. Mainly due to higher population , lower literacy levels , higher poverty and a general attitude problem.

About per capita , last I checked , Punjab , Haryana , Delhi , Himachal , Uttarakhand , Gujarat and Maharashtra , all of which are not South Indian states are doing better than South India on that front.

Anyway , again this thread is not about bashing North Indians or Delhiites.

I was having a cigarette sitting in a park on a hilltop in Nice, France, and stubbed the butt away in a corner stamping it under the mud so it wasn't visible. A video camera which I hadn't noticed, picked me up doing this. A policeman arrived within 5 minutes and I was fined 20 Euros (Rs 1200) on the spot!! Jeeez! Even though I had covered it! That sucked! But then that's what we require here in Bharat! The government would make thousands of crores in fines seeing the tons of bl00dy garbage strewn out here! :cheesy:

We Indians unfortunately pride ourselves in breaking the law. A similar thing in India wouldnt have happened because no one would have found what u did out of place.

Even if they did, a good Indian would have called his " Dad / Uncle / Friend etc" on the phone who would have told the cops to cool off.

I am sorry but Indians do not love their country, to truly love your country you need to look after it, you need to keep it clean, like I said I have noticed Indians beating their chest and waving the flag pretending to love India, but that's not love. Just take a walk anywhere in India you will see the dirt, the *****, the **** and ****. Indians keep telling me how holy the Ganges river is, but yet it is the most polluted river in the world, and yet Indians keep saying how they love this river, that is not love when you have sewage, garbage and God only knows what else being flushed down there.

I cannot find anything wrong or out of place in what you have written.

I hang my head in shame but assure you I do my bit wherever possible & it takes very little effort to walk upto a garbage bin to dispose refuse.

WRONG.

all rapes happen in north india or in hindi speaking areas. if any such thing happens in the south, probably a north indian is involved. the reasons for this vary from biological to cultural to historical

if it wasnt for south india, india's per capita rape statistic may rival that of pakistan, instead of being "average"
Damn i know sex ratio is really skewed in North India but wasn't aware it was so F'd up that rapist would have to hunt down prey in the RAM RAJYAs down south !!!!

We Indians unfortunately pride ourselves in breaking the law. A similar thing in India wouldnt have happened because no one would have found what u did out of place.

Even if they did, a good Indian would have called his " Dad / Uncle / Friend etc" on the phone who would have told the cops to cool off.

I cannot find anything wrong or out of place in what you have written.

I hang my head in shame but assure you I do my bit wherever possible & it takes very little effort to walk upto a garbage bin to dispose refuse.

I hope the rest of the 1.2 billion Indians follow your example, I live in Melbourne and we don't need fines to keep our city and our streets clean, we do this out of pride for each other and for our neighborhood, town, city and country. My family and I were so angry and disappointed in India with what we saw, just the lack of care, throwing the **** everywhere and you don't even care tells me that Indians have no respect for themselves, their own countrymen and for the nation they "CLAIM" to "LOVE". If Indians aren't embarrassed into doing something for their country by foreigners who are born in a different country loving their country more than Indians do then I fear India is a lost cause.

I hope the rest of the 1.2 billion Indians follow your example, I live in Melbourne and we don't need fines to keep our city and our streets clean, we do this out of pride for each other and for our neighborhood, town, city and country. My family and I were so angry and disappointed in India with what we saw, just the lack of care, throwing the **** everywhere and you don't even care tells me that Indians have no respect for themselves, their own countrymen and for the nation they "CLAIM" to "LOVE". If Indians aren't embarrassed into doing something for their country by foreigners who are born in a different country loving their country more than Indians do then I fear India is a lost cause.

How dare you say we don't love our country because we don't subscribe to your arbitrary definitions. Typical western elitist who passes judgment on others.

How dare you say we don't love our country because we don't subscribe to your arbitrary definitions. Typical western elitist who passes judgment on others.

Yes and that's a typical response from a Indian, a proud chest beater, who claims to love his country, your country is a ****** hole, go clean it up before beating your chest about how much you love it.

Yes and that's a typical response from a Indian, a proud chest beater, who claims to love his country, your country is a ****** hole, go clean it up before beating your chest about how much you love it.

Don't come to it. Don't ever step foot in the land you disrespect. You are not welcome in India.

Back
Top Bottom