What's new

Osama Wasn't Running Al Qaida from Abbottabad

somebozo

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Surprise..just another step closer to admitting reality that Al-Quaida doesn't really exist..its just a hyped up boogey man. It means all the funding and human lives spent to hunt osama were useless waste. Another tactical humiliation for America

Osama wasn't running al Qaida from Abbottabad: officials
Updated at: 0347 PST, Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Osama wasn ABBOTTABAD: Osama bin Laden was out of touch with the younger generation of al-Qaida commanders, and they often didn't follow his advice during the years he was in hiding in Abbottabad, US and Pakistani officials say.

According to the American newspaper, Contradicting the assertions of some American officials that bin Laden was running a "command and control" center from the walled compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, officials say that bin Laden clearly wasn't in control of al Qaida, though he was trying to remain involved or at least influential.

"He was like the cranky old uncle that people weren't listening to," said a US official, who'd been briefed on the evidence collected from the Abbottabad compound and who spoke only on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue. "The younger guys had never worked directly with him. They did not take everything he said as right."

One new detail, discovered by US newspaper, is that the bin Laden household was buying and selling gold jewelry, perhaps as a way to raise money. Another is that for a household that included at least nine women and twice that many children, its consumption of electricity and gas was far less than that of neighboring households, a sign either of bin Laden's legendary frugality or an indication that the terrorist leader simply had run out of money and was living as cheaply as he could.

How come that is a humilation?Actually US scared OBL so much that he didn't want to be active.

How come that is a humilation?Actually US scared OBL so much that he didn't want to be active.
Too much Indo-US love blinding your common sense? If US achieved all that, then it wouldnt need to discover the facts few weeks after OBL killing. Infact US did not knew anything at all points to the confused and clue less state of US war. They have failed to achieve any objectives in Afghan war and the blame is slowly shifting towards Pakistan. Its one of those Korean type wars where US destroyed regional stability for its failed ambitions.

More support for the argument that the US raid to kill OBL was illegal.

Some have argued 'self-defence' to justify the unilateral and unauthorized military action by the US in Pakistan, but, as I argued a couple of weeks ago, there was simply no evidence that OBL was in any way involved in the 'Command and Control' of Al Qaeda, nor any evidence that he was in any way a key Al Qaeda 'Tactician or planner'.

OBL was on the run and in hiding - he was not attending 'fund raisers' to raise money for the organization, he was not leading the organization (AQ has been decentralized for a long time) and he was not 'plotting brilliant new terrorist attacks'.

There is therefore no justification for the 'self-defence' argument since there was no 'imminent threat' to the US or its assets from OBL. The US raid on Abbottabda was therefore completely illegal.

More support for the argument that the US raid to kill OBL was illegal.

Some have argued 'self-defence' to justify the unilateral and unauthorized military action by the US in Pakistan, but, as I argued a couple of weeks ago, there was simply no evidence that OBL was in any way involved in the 'Command and Control' of Al Qaeda, nor any evidence that he was in any way a key Al Qaeda 'Tactician or planner'.

OBL was on the run and in hiding - he was not attending 'fund raisers' to raise money for the organization, he was not leading the organization (AQ has been decentralized for a long time) and he was not 'plotting brilliant new terrorist attacks'.

There is therefore no justification for the 'self-defence' argument since there was no 'imminent threat' to the US or its assets from OBL. The US raid on Abbottabda was therefore completely illegal.
There was never Al-Quaida not cavemen directing 9/11 attacks from Tora Bora.. The whole ware is illegal and if anyone has read the history of colonialism, the Zionist have deep rooted interests in Afghanistan due to central asia wealth.

What ever this war is called, just like all other wars it is another adventure of colonialism and drain of Muslim blood.

My sympathies and support for Afghan Pashtun fighters who are killing US army on daily basis.
They should not kill the coalition soldier instead abduct them and amputate them. An amputee soldier is more demoralizing where as a dead soldier is a hero.

I think Osama acheived what he set out to do. he wanted to destroy americans economic might. The twin towers was a symbol of the american economy and that is why that was chosen as a target. After all the trillions that america has spent on the wars around the world including but not limited to iraq and afghanistan America is on it knees finanancially. They have a systemic failure in their system that is compared to the great recession in 1930 and they do not look as if they will get out of it. They have ammassed an unsustainable debt of 14 Trillion us$. Today they have 9% unemployment. One in 6 americans is on food stamps and rely on state handouts. The only saving grace is that $ is still the reserve currency but even that in the last 10 years world governments have reduced their dollar holdigs from 70% to 60%. when they no longer have reserve currency status and that will happen within 10 years they will not beable to fund their wars. Isnt this what Osama wanted them to withdraw from muslim lands etc. He may be dead but how can we say america won. Oh and on top of that I would bet there is more hatred for americans today than there was before this war on terror in moslem coubtries and even somee non muslim countries. I had sympathy for the americans and was moved at the loss they sufferd with twin towers but I have a strong dislike of their disproportionate policies since then

There was never Al-Quaida not cavemen directing 9/11 attacks from Tora Bora.. The whole ware is illegal and if anyone has read the history of colonialism, the Zionist have deep rooted interests in Afghanistan due to central asia wealth.

What ever this war is called, just like all other wars it is another adventure of colonialism and drain of Muslim blood.

My sympathies and support for Afghan Pashtun fighters who are killing US army on daily basis.
They should not kill the coalition soldier instead abduct them and amputate them. An amputee soldier is more demoralizing where as a dead soldier is a hero.

I know your feelings. I feel the same glee when I hear of drone-strikes.

Alright, so the denial comes once again. The crying of "OBL WAS NOT IN PAKISTAN" & "IT WAS ALL A DRAMA" comes again. In short, the conspiracy theory comes again!!

Alright, so the denial comes once again. The crying of "OBL WAS NOT IN PAKISTAN" & "IT WAS ALL A DRAMA" comes again. In short, the conspiracy theory comes again!!

What are you talking about?

Are you sure you are commenting on the correct thread?

This particular article is making the argument that OBL was in fact irrelevant in terms of Al Qaeda's operations, tactics, planning, fund raising etc.

How is your comment relevant to the topic?

I think Osama acheived what he set out to do. he wanted to destroy americans economic might. The twin towers was a symbol of the american economy and that is why that was chosen as a target. After all the trillions that america has spent on the wars around the world including but not limited to iraq and afghanistan America is on it knees finanancially. They have a systemic failure in their system that is compared to the great recession in 1930 and they do not look as if they will get out of it. They have ammassed an unsustainable debt of 14 Trillion us$. Today they have 9% unemployment. One in 6 americans is on food stamps and rely on state handouts. The only saving grace is that $ is still the reserve currency but even that in the last 10 years world governments have reduced their dollar holdigs from 70% to 60%. when they no longer have reserve currency status and that will happen within 10 years they will not beable to fund their wars. Isnt this what Osama wanted them to withdraw from muslim lands etc. He may be dead but how can we say america won. Oh and on top of that I would bet there is more hatred for americans today than there was before this war on terror in moslem coubtries and even somee non muslim countries. I had sympathy for the americans and was moved at the loss they sufferd with twin towers but I have a strong dislike of their disproportionate policies since then

Actually the economy is in recession because banks made bad loans to people who couldn't afford the house. Not about the wars. We still haven't paid off World War 1! I don't think Osama wanted something like this because hundreds of thousands of people mostly Muslims are dead. Not to mention he is being shrugged off by people he doesn't know. He would definitely disagree with you. Revolutions going on in the ME is not following exactly what he wants. No Islamic Caliphate.

I know your feelings. I feel the same glee when I hear of drone-strikes.
I don't think you get it - a lot of people in the Muslim world distrust the US to the point that they do not believe the 'official explanation' of the 9/11 attacks. The war in Iraq, and the lies about Iraqi WMD's, have only solidified that impression.

The fact that terrorism and violence in Pakistan has increased exponentially since the US invasion and the decision of Pakistan to launch military operations in support of US objectives also plays into public sentiment that sees the US as acting deceitfully and deliberately to destroy Pakistan and Afghanistan, and in the Pakistani case, attempt to ensure Indian hegemony in the region.

Without understanding the reasons behind the sentiments of people, such as the poster you responded to, you cannot realy understand the problem and therefore you cannot really resolve the conflict.

it does not matter whether he was running al qaida or not at time of his death. he was killer of thousands, op. against him was justifiable

I don't think you get it - a lot of people in the Muslim world distrust the US to the point that they do not believe the 'official explanation' of the 9/11 attacks. The war in Iraq, and the lies about Iraqi WMD's, have only solidified that impression.

The fact that terrorism and violence in Pakistan has increased exponentially since the US invasion and the decision of Pakistan to launch military operations in support of US objectives also plays into public sentiment that sees the US as acting deceitfully and deliberately to destroy Pakistan and Afghanistan, and in the Pakistani case, attempt to ensure Indian hegemony in the region.

Without understanding the reasons behind the sentiments of people, such as the poster you responded to, you cannot realy understand the problem and therefore you cannot really resolve the conflict.

Are you saying that Al Qaeda would not have done such a thing on 9/11? That they were not fighting for Muslim freedom? That there are no insurgents or terrorists because of American policies? Please do not insult the memories of the hijackers who crash the planes for your freedom.

What are you talking about?

Are you sure you are commenting on the correct thread?

This particular article is making the argument that OBL was in fact irrelevant in terms of Al Qaeda's operations, tactics, planning, fund raising etc.

How is your comment relevant to the topic?

The thread starter misread it completely.
Surprise..just another step closer to admitting reality that Al-Quaida doesn't really exist..its just a hyped up boogey man. It means all the funding and human lives spent to hunt osama were useless waste. Another tactical humiliation for America

I don't think Osama wanted something like this because hundreds of thousands of people mostly Muslims are dead. Not to mention he is being shrugged off by people he doesn't know. He would definitely disagree with you. Revolutions going on in the ME is not following exactly what he wants. No Islamic Caliphate.

In Pakistan at least, the increased violence after the US invasion of Afghanistan and the resulting economic losses and instability, have only hardened public sentiment against the US.

The revolutions in the ME have little to do with what the US or OBL have done - they are related first and foremost to the desire of people to improve their living conditions and have a say in how they are governed.

The major factors in these 'revolutions' are technology and a youthful and vocal populace that is tech-savy enough to utilize the available technology for spreading its message and building support and momentum.

Back
Top Bottom