What's new

Thank You Turkey

@RayKalm

We all appreciate Pakistan's role in all wars and modern day diplomacy. I have praised Pakistan in the past and especially for bringing Palestinian students. I also personally know the Palestinian ambassador to Pakistan, he helped travel out of Gaza. God bless Pakistan and all Muslims nations whether they help or not.

As for what point you're making, Turkey cannot take a 360 turn so soon especially after the MB was ousted in Egypt. If they win again in Turkey then it is moving in the right path. Don't underestimate the Turks, the Turks were some of the bravest people and also had very good willed leaders. One of their leaders sent ships to Ireland for the starving people even when the Queen limited him to only sending 2 ships.

The thing with Turkey is more with politics, the leadership is similar to the MB however they still have to maintain Turkey's relations with the West. Relations with the West isn't a bad thing as long as they don't act against our interests too much and end their support to Israel's occupation. Things are changing the West is realizing something is not right over there. Israel will not see a good diplomatic future. I just happen to sympathize with the AKP party somewhat since I'm more familiar with them. I'm not that familiar with Pakistani leadership and their goals/interests. Of course Pakistani people have done a great job helping Arabs, their people's personal support is also outstanding. I never expected such a high rate of people from a certain nationality to express so much support to Palestine. It's heartwarming, we don't get that from much people. I personally think our cooperation could go beyond imaginable, problem is the politics in the Arab world is preventing Pakistan from training Palestinians for example as they help Arab militias just as they did with Afghanistan. I believe Saudi Arabia is the obstacle to a Arab world with unimaginable relations with Pakistan.

So the reason for my attention to Turkey brother is the modern day politics, I'm not really in the Saudi/Egypt/Jordan camp because I believe they're bringing us back decades and into chaos through their efforts to persecute moderate Islamists rather than look for diplomatic solutions.

As a syrian, i thank a lot Turkey for all it has done to syrians. They are the only country which treated humanly our fellow syrians who fled the shias barbarian scorch earth policy.
Syrians will never forget

As a syrian, i thank a lot Turkey for all it has done to syrians. They are the only country which treated humanly our fellow syrians who fled the shias barbarian scorch earth policy.
Syrians will never forget

Mate why do you have Turkish flags?

So your family migrated from Urfa to Syria and now they migrated back because of war?
No, i originate from northern syria, my mother side are turkish from urfa,but it was 80-100 year before. In northern syria, even the names of family are turkish, thats not uncommon at all

No, i originate from northern syria, my mother side are turkish from urfa,but it was 80-100 year before. In northern syria, even the names of family are turkish, thats not uncommon at all

Hmmm,
Oke now İ understand.

If u ever went to aleppo, it's like gaziantep, the same castle in the city, in the bazaar...northern syria share a lot with turkish side

If u ever went to aleppo, it's like gaziantep, the same castle in the city, in the bazaar...northern syria share a lot with turkish side

Yeah it seems quite nice, İ really like old style architecture. Too bad Aleppo is currently being destroyed :(
So are you still living in Syria?

For supporting Pakistan FATF. One and only vote for in favor of Pakistan.

For supporting Pakistan during FATF voting. One and only as usual , its Turkey.

Syrian businesspeople to establish 10 factories in Turkey's Şanlıurfa

yrian businesspeople, who fled the civil war in their country and took refuge in Turkey, signed a protocol under the chairmanship of Şanlıurfa Governor Abdullah Erin to open 10 factories in Turkey's southeastern city of Şanlıurfa where 1,540 people will be employed with an investment of TL 80 million ($16.5 million). The land allocation protocol between the Syrian Businesspeople's Association (SİAD) and the Şanlıurfa Organized Industrial Zone Directorate, was signed by Şanlıurfa Governor Abdullah Erin.

The protocol is aimed at establishing 10 factories that will operate in various sectors including shoes, plastic packaging, building materials, knitwear, textile and recycling in Şanlıurfa - one of the Turkish provinces where the greatest number of Syrian refugees live.

Şanlıurfa Governor Abdullah Erin, Deputy Governor Ufuk Akıl, Şanlıurfa Organized Industrial Zone Director Yunus Emre Aksu, Gaziantep SİAD Chairman Khaled Bablli and association member businessmen joined the signing ceremony that was held at the Şanlıurfa Governor's Office meeting room.

Erin expressed happiness for the factories to be built by Syrian businessmen in Şanlıurfa, saying, "In addition to being a commercial affair, this is also a great venture and investment that will make a great contribution both to our Syrian brothers and to the people of Şanlıurfa in terms of employment and production. As our president reiterates on all occasions, we profoundly feel the situation in which our Syrian brothers are in. This will never decline until the day when all of our brothers feel safe. We have always opened our hearts and doors to our Syrian brothers."

Stating that the cost of doing this has never been on the agenda, Erin said that they know that all treasures belong to God Almighty who will give for the work to be done. "If only we could do more, if only we could embrace more," he added.

Speaking at the protocol signing ceremony, Gaziantep SİAD Chairman Khaled Bablli stated that they came to the phase of signing the protocol six months ago and which turned into reality now. He continued, "You have done your share, you have opened your hearts and doors to us. We will do our share, too," extending thanks to Governor Erin, Deputy Governor Ufuk Akıl, Organized Industrial Zone Director Yunus Emre Aksu and all those who contributed. Following the speeches and protocol signing, the Organized Industrial Zone Land Allocation Certificate was given to Bablli by Governor Erin.

SİAD member entrepreneurs had requested 150,000 square meters of land to

invest in the Şanlıurfa Organize Industrial Zone and deposited the application fee of TL 207,500 to the account of Organized Industrial Zone Directorate. The Organized Industrial Zone Entrepreneur Committee decided that the application was suitable and evaluated the request made by Gaziantep SİAD. In accordance with the decision made, amalgamation and subdivision transactions started for Gaziantep SİAD members in the parcel lands number 7, 8, 9 and 10 on block number 110 and parcel lands number 2, 3 and 4 on block number 111 which are located on the additional western section of the Şanlıurfa Organized Industrial Zone and add up to nearly 150,000 square meters. As a result of amalgamation and subdivision transactions, a total of 20 parcel lands will be created with a size of 3,000 square meters and 10,000 square meters. In return for the allocated land infrastructure cost, Gaziantep SİAD will pay 15 percent of the total amount of TL 4,497,778 in advance and the remaining part in three years to the Şanlıurfa Organized Industrial Zone after the land allocation contract is signed.

The investment to be made by 10 Gaziantep SİAD member investor companies will amount to TL 80 million. A total of 1,540 people will be employed across 10 investments, with three in the shoe manufacturing sector, one in the construction materials sector, one in nylon bag production, one in knitwear production, two in plastic packaging, one in textiles and one in recycling.

Syrian refugees plug labour shortages on Turkish farms

Turkish farmers say production has increased after Syrian refugees from the Elbeyli camp began working in their fields. Rural Turkey is witnessing manpower shortages due to local youth turning away from living off the land and migrating to cities.
trtworld-404059-443303.jpg

The worry is where the farms will end up should the Syrian refugees return home after the war ends in their country.

Syrian refugees are helping bridge labour shortages in the agricultural fields of southeastern Turkey.

Turkish farmers are employing Syrian refugees working in their lands following agreements between the local farming community and refugees of Elbeyli camp to provide a labour force.

"I am working on this field for three years now and I really like the owners they are morally intact, loyal and nice people," Abd al Hay, a Syrian refugee said.

"Everything is fine here. I and my family are happy here. People are good but this is not my home country."

The trend has increased agricultural production at a time when local youth are leaving rural Turkey for cities.

"Lately we have seen benefits of Syrians living here. We have increased the fields from 5,000 square metres to 50, 60 maybe even 100,000 square metres," said Cuma Yildiz, a local farm owner.

However, it's not clear where the farms will end up should the Syrian refugees return home after the war ends in their country.

TRT World's Nick Davies Jones has more from Gaziantep.

Refugees are not just a burden to the host country, they also with smart policies can be made to an huge asset in many ways. Forget natural resoruces and their potential, human potential is the most valule potential of them all.

Back
Top Bottom