What's new

Developing Sri Lanka: Pictures

aw6us6.jpg

24c9j6v.jpg

One of my favourite countries - Sri Lanka! For those of you who are interested, do check out some pics I took on my last trip to the island...
Bombay - Taprobane/Sri Lanka/Ceylon - Bombay - 204523

So far, I've only managed to post a small percentage of the photos I took.

Thank you very much for the pictures, I had look at them all.

There is currently a government move underway to ban the three wheels, they are a real headache for the ordinary sri lankan driver. They are the main impedance to free flowing traffic, they are likely to be replaced with the Nano's in a 'transitive ' period of 2 years . After that both will be banned entirely and the dept of motor traffic will bring in regulations requiring vehicles meet certain tops speeds and accelerations and deceleration. This will effect alot of the smaller engined motor bikes as well as the electric bikes.

However it is expected within 5 years, SL will have much more smoother flowing traffic.

15wif68.jpg

2hdzocp.jpg

Residential areas.
flygiv.jpg

Notice that strip placed in the middle of the pavement on all the pavements. Thats placed there to assist the visually impaired.

2el42gy.jpg

Thank you very much for the pictures, I had look at them all.

You're welcome. :) there is a lot more coming up.

There is currently a government move underway to ban the three wheels, they are a real headache for the ordinary sri lankan driver. They are the main impedance to free flowing traffic, they are likely to be replaced with the Nano's in a 'transitive ' period of 2 years .

That is good news indeed, but I wonder how soon this move by the government will start to bear fruit. There needs to be a more comprehensive transportation plan countrywide to be able to rid the island of tuktuks. Cars in SL are terribly expensive, and there a lot of people across the country who depend on tuktuks for their transportation needs. Other than the successful enforcement of directives from the motor vehicle dept, the railways and public transportation infrastructure needs to be spruced up for the ban on three-wheelers to be effective. I wish the country the very best in its Herculean endeavour.

Colombo is indeed a beautiful city, always love to spend my vacations there. Very friendly people

You're welcome. :) there is a lot more coming up.

That is good news indeed, but I wonder how soon this move by the government will start to bear fruit. There needs to be a more comprehensive transportation plan countrywide to be able to rid the island of tuktuks. Cars in SL are terribly expensive, and there a lot of people across the country who depend on tuktuks for their transportation needs. Other than the successful enforcement of directives from the motor vehicle dept, the railways and public transportation infrastructure needs to be spruced up for the ban on three-wheelers to be effective. I wish the country the very best in its Herculean endeavour.

Yes, unfortunately in Sri lanka you need to allow time to let democracy work, thats why I said it would probably take 5 years for this to be implemented. Colombo already has a transport master plan, which currently being reviewed with the expansion of the UGB (Urban Growth Boundary)

Our beautiful City of Kandy, located dead center in the middle of sri lanka. Had been where the kings used to rule SL from. Refereed to be most Sri Lankans as the 'up country', income levels are fairly high in this part of the country. The City Motto: Loyal and Free
105z392.jpg

The accommodation in Kandy is roughly 13,000 Rs per night /102 USD. I rented out 2 rooms for 27,000Rs per night, with breakfast and dinner.

xp54ww.jpg

332mko8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom