What's new

Developing Sri Lanka: Pictures

34j24uv.jpg

Yes it is :D a suit there was 21,000Rs per night. Although the hotel is very old, its in very good condition. The service is also fantastic.

...and has great food too, though the restaurant across the street, 'Devons', made me an extremely happy man. I ate like it was going out of style. LOL 'The Pub' is beautiful in its old-school ness. Your town is pretty awesome. :tup:

...and has great food too, though the restaurant across the street, 'Devons', made me an extremely happy man. I ate like it was going out of style. LOL 'The Pub' is beautiful in its old-school ness. Your town is pretty awesome. :tup:

hahaha yes yes :D I love Kandy, Fantastic City! when I move out out my parents home, I intend on living there. Great city to raise a family.

hey man let me know next time your in SL, we'll chill out sometime.

The city of Galle, a major Naval outpost of the Sri lankan Navy.

The Navy has six commands known as Naval Area Commands, each under the control of a flag officer for effective command and administrative control. This is in order to efficiently maintain all ships, crafts and vehicles; and to ensure the operational readiness of commands and units each area shall have its own harbour/ base, repair and refitting facilities, signal centres, logistic, civil engineering and medical facilities.

The City of Galle is home to the Sri lankan Navy's Southern Naval Area Command (SNA). The city is also home to the Headquarters for the 2nd Battalion Gemunu Watch of the Sri lankan Army.
2lw3fyb.jpg

I went to great lengths to get permission to take this photo. This is located in a declared HSZ (High Security Zone), and photography is strictly prohibited. I'd appreciate if you not copy this image to any other site.

The city of Galle is also home to the Sri lanka Army's "Area Headquarters Galle" of Security Forces Headquarters - South (SFHQ-S). However the operations Command and control of SFHQ-S is located at Operation Command Colombo, Colombo

Organized and controlled by the Army General Staff at Army HQ, various formations are raised from time to time to suit various security requirements and operation in the country and overs seas. The Army at present has deployed 12 Divisions, 7 task forces and several independent brigades. Except for the 11 Division based at the Panagoda Cantonment which is responsible for the maintenance of capability for the defence of the capital, all other divisions, task forces and brigades are deployed for operations in the Northern and Eastern provinces of Sri Lanka, coming under six regional commands known as Security Forces Headquarters, which are the Security Forces Headquarters Jaffna (SFHQ-J), Wanni (SFHQ-W), East (SFHQ-E), Kilinochchi (SFHQ-KLN), Mullaittivu (SFHQ-MLT) & South (SFHQ-S)

Each SFHQ and most divisions are commanded by a General Officer Commanding in the rank of Major General. A SFHQ has several divisions under its command and each division is further divided into brigades. Each brigade is commanded by an officer in the rank of Brigadier and has a number of Infantry battalions, support arms (Artillery, Engineers and Signals) and support services (Service Corps, Engineering Services, Ordnance Corps, Electrical and Mechanical Engineers) under assigned to it. There are also several independent brigade (Air Mobile Brigade, Armored Brigade, etc.)

In other parts of the country, there are Area and Sub-Area Headquarters. Armour, Artillery, Engineers and Signals Units are grouped under Brigade Headquarters of their own arm; Armored Brigade, Artillery Brigade and so on.

9j2cg7.jpg

Typical rest area on a highway, rest areas are located every 45km or 22 minutes of travel. This is the southbound rest area, an identical one is also located across the street on the other side you can see in the picture for the northbound traffic.
21dpgro.jpg

South Asia's busiest port. The Port Of Colombo

Again this is a declared HSZ (High Security Zone). Please limit the distribution of this pictures.

The red and white areas are where some sensitive details has been censored out.

29oibcy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom