What's new

What Can PDF members do for Pakistan.

If I ever get time from my already To-Do list, I intend to work on this
I think we are not allowed to fire rockets in Pakistan but if you require any help I will provide you design and knowledge to make a rocket for under $20 and cover a distance of 3000 ft.

I was suggesting to design a drone that can fly continuously for 8 days and can do aerial surveillance and keep the cost of the drone under $600. if people are interested on Pdf we will assign teams to design systems for the drone and lets see where PDF talent gets in the designing phase and it will help the forces to keep the borders secure and increase border surveillance. If PDF can come up with a acceptable theory this can be then converted into practical project.

PDF members can do a lot for Pakistan, unfortunately most are too lazy to bring a change. Even a small change can make a big difference. I think at times we are hesitant to express our thoughts in real life, or have a crack at things when it matters. We just say it doesn't affect us and move on.
Educated people of PDF can do a lot for Pakistan.
@waz @WAJsal @Zaki @WebMaster

What do you all think about this kind of idea? Do you think we have a critical mass of members located in Pakistan with the appropriate expertise, contacts etc?

I think we are not allowed to fire rockets in Pakistan but if you require any help I will provide you design and knowledge to make a rocket for under $20 and cover a distance of 3000 ft.

I was suggesting to design a drone that can fly continuously for 8 days and can do aerial surveillance and keep the cost of the drone under $600. if people are interested on Pdf we will assign teams to design systems for the drone and lets see where PDF talent gets in the designing phase and it will help the forces to keep the borders secure and increase border surveillance. If PDF can come up with a acceptable theory this can be then converted into practical project.
i am in.

@Signalian Defence.pk members can create a think tank or perhaps just go into a collaboration with an already existing one to participate in state level policy recommendations. I say that because a lot of well reputed think tanks are known for their constant feedback and engagement with Pakistan's decision making setup. Furthermore, if it was upto me, I would make sure that defence.pk contributed in some capacity, military solutions based on modern trends and weaponry to the concerned departments.

What can PDF members do practically (apart from just posting online here) for Pakistan?
Individually and by joining hands in group or groups?
(not talking about a member get-together)

Can a group of dedicated members inside Pakistan in different cities get formed who are willing to get something done defence-related / non-defence for Pakistan and give recognition to PDF too ?

Im not just talking about disaster relief team, civil defence teams, creativity teams which turns a dirty road into something beautiful etc...well thats good too....but something which has a positive impact on Pakistan and its society on day to day basis.

PDF is a platform where young generation comes together and shares views online, but our potential is much more than that.

Apart from this,
Should PDF also present its Defence related ideas or Military solutions in Defence Exhibitions?

Please present your views?

PS: i did not single out Pakistani PDF members only, if any other nationality has ideas that are not controversial and will not lead to trolling, please do share your positive ideas for Pakistan.

Even if every Pakistani PDF member does his official duty (or studies honestly) and his civic duties (duties towards society and his family).

I honestly think we would succeed.

Katra katra samamdar banda wa.

One of the best ideas so far on this thread, I am willing to contribute financially in this regard if needed.

@Horus @WebMaster @WAJsal @Zaki @Irfan Baloch @waz

I doubt they would spend any money.

Praa eh sari rupiyay di khed aa.

O kehnday a na " lore (lahore) Jaan da raah saray dasday, vice versa.

Don't worry let few more people join up and this will be a success.
@RescueRanger want to join in.

My two cents:

I have been a member of this excellent forum since 2008 and since the years have passed several members have matured and remained others have left and moved onto pastures new, however with the exception of a handful of colleagues and professionals/opinionators I have noticed that the average age of a forum member is young within the 16-25 year bracket.

So many passionate young people in Pakistan fritter their energies away in wasteful politics, costly endeavors both in terms of monetary and time lost. When we are young we feel invincible and want to take on the world, this arrogance of youth is what makes youth the best and also the most dangerous time of our lives.

As a father and mentor to few, let me pass along a few tips for the young and passionate members on this forum. Before you do anything, research the word "Citizenship skills" aim to incorporate these into your daily routine as much as possible. Set an example by not throwing litter, by collecting litter from the floor and disposing of it properly, reminding your friends and family of their civic duties, if you are parent impart these skills to your children!

In Pakistan we are all used to the term "Para, Likha Jahil". So before I offer any input on this let me start by quoting from Quaid-E-Azam:

My young friends, I look forward to you as the real makers of Pakistan, do not be exploited and do not be misled. Create amongst yourselves complete unity and solidarity. Set an example of what youth can do. Your main occupation should be in fairness to yourself, to your parents, in fairness to the State, to devote your attention to your studies. If you fritter away your energies now, you will always regret.

Now This is my advice to my passionate young PDFians would be the following:

Learning, from childhood through to when you leave university your energies should be solely focused on learning. Imagine your life as a cake and divide it into three slices, spend the first third of your life focused on learning. Learn at home from your parents and family members, in School and at College, read, absorb new ideas and accept different beliefs and opinions. Aim to Excel academically and in your everyday life.

Even if you cannot afford University or College, use the power of the internet to develop code, some of the wealthiest and most talented tech entrepreneurs have no university degrees.

Earning: The second third of your life is making money

By the age of 25 you should be in full-time work, aim to work hard and unless you were born with a silver spoon or win some sort of Jackpot the likely hood is that you will need to work to support yourself, your family and your studies/passion. Aim to research the job market/career you want to get into, spend the first five years of your working career learning and making mistakes, choose one mentor in your career/company and learn his good habits, shadow his success but be original.

Remember when you select a career/profession choose something you are passionate about, don't become a millennial and hop from job to job, time waits for no one!. Select one path. focus on it and aim that by the time you hit 40 you should become an expert in your chosen field so you can maximize your annual earning potential and maintain a good quality of living.

Remember that kitchen khabo per nahi chalta and you can't help anyone else if you yourself don't have a roof over your head, clothes on your back and food in your belly!

Finally, when you build your stock and have enough to support yourself and your family and are comfortable in your standard of living, this is the time you can focus on the third part of your life which is returning.

By this time in your life, you should be around the 50 mark and this is the ideal time to return not only through your checkbook but through experience and donating the most precious asset you have at age 50, your time. Pick one field close to your heart and contribute!

If you can be a good citizen, responsible in your actions, kind, empathitic and one who spreads light in the darkness, you will contribute more to Pakistan than any NGO, Grand project or cliche program with song and dance ever could!

Just my humble opinion!

Im going to join politics after some years , its my wish and ambition . If Allah swt completes my wish nd made me a leader then i will work day nd night for my province balochistan . Each nd every rupee will be spent on balochistan and i will get its all rights and education that it has been carving for .
No wait and no compromise , only development will be for balochistan .

That was quite a speech. I was expecting some thing brief but I will take it as a progressive effort and thank you for extensive use of keyboard. Any how lets see where PDF get with this.

I'm too old in the tooth for progressive, I have done my time. Time for the younger generation to come up with new ideas and fresh blood. Just don't waste your time, you only get one life! Make it count!

I'm too old in the tooth for progressive, I have done my time. Time for the younger generation to come up with new ideas and fresh blood. Just don't waste your time, you only get one life! Make it count!
I was talking about a drone development project on PDF not the general idea of the thread.

I was talking about a drone development project on PDF not the general idea of the thread.

NUST already doing amazing work on Drone and Robotics, some guys from NUST Islamabad are into RC aircraft and have done great work with Integrated Dynamics. Good luck in what you are planning to do.

Back
Top Bottom